• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Class of o5, how did u go in ur 1st assessment? (1 Viewer)

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
DanielleM said:
Danni07, lm sure they will give you a package or something when you go.. but if you need more help pm me wit wat you want to kno and l will tell u
I was just thinking it might be beneficial for me to have an idea of what I should be looking out for while I was there, assuming our assesments will be pretty similar.

DanielleM

HSC
u should look out for..
- Swot Analysis- Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats
- Product lifecycle
- Competitors
(look around at the surrounding environment... the fact that its located in the city makes people more aware of it as they walk past it everyday.. good for marketing.. or the fact that they show 3d and 2d movies
- target market
- Marketing objectives- e.g. to have more dramatic movies after a certain time etc.
- how these marketing objectives can be implemented in terms of smart (is it specific?, is it measureable, is it achievable, is it realistic?, how long will it take?

l think thats all... someone please correct me if l'm wrong.. its from my head..
but renember in terms of marketing objectives make sure they relate to MARKETING not the bussiness as some ppl tend to do that and loose marks

also when writing the report write it like YOU are the business manager! that will gain you more marks too..

ammm if you need more help pm me... or check out the other threads in business studies.. they may give you a better understanding of the report

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Thanks heaps for that, our teacher's aren't the brightest and have a tendancy to forget to inform us why we're actually going on excursions. Now I know what to look out for though, I'm sure this will be a much more enjoyable day (I tend to stress and try to make notes on everything that's said)

DanielleM

HSC
yeah just chill and take notes on aspects of the IMAX that you think relates to marketing... If u need extra help l may be able to get my assignment out and help u a bit... wens it due??
l'm a bit busy this week though

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
We haven't even been told when it will be due, just that we have to attend. *shrugs* But thanks heaps for your help, it's very much appreciated.

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
um did 2 assessments worth 10% each

1st: 20/20
2nd: 14/20 (highest mark was 17)

....85%...........13rank its okkkkkkkay.

showman

HSC
i got 34/40 for bizos management rank 28th out of 100 or so....i think it just was an easy exam

hey on another note.... i was looking at all these people talking about how many pages where done in the bizos HSC exam and one person had done 17 pages in a 35 min section... ? how is this possible? need explanation..

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
showman said:
i got 34/40 for bizos management rank 28th out of 100 or so....i think it just was an easy exam

hey on another note.... i was looking at all these people talking about how many pages where done in the bizos HSC exam and one person had done 17 pages in a 35 min section... ? how is this possible? need explanation..
thats awesome snowman! good work!

goan_crazy

HSC
Without Wings said:
well for starters - pppl dont necessarily spend 35 mins on that particular section - generally multis dont take you the allocated time - and some ppl dont even use all the allocated time for short answers, giving them more time for extended response.
also different ppl write at different sizes, so 17 pages for one person could be the same as another person's 8 pages. they could also have mainly focused on this question or just had a lot to say and wrote really really fast
how many pages did u write WW? there r 8 page booklets arent they...so a person wit 17 pages would need what..3 booklets? thats crazy!

goan_crazy

HSC
Without Wings said:
i dont remember how many i wrote joe - all my subjects were theory based so i went through a lot of those booklets - no idea how many for each subject now but i did use more than one booklet for more than one question throughout my exams - only coz i remember i used string :). have you seen a booklet joe - the lines are very widely spread - they arent like a standard a4 lined page. if you havent seen one i suggest checking it out - theres a copy of the paper in the english forum.
yeah i did an assessment task for english in one booklet however it was 8 pages... some ppl onli got 4 pages to work with...i used all 8 pages coz the lines were thick...or widely spread. thanks anyway yeah but ive seen em so its cool.. i know wat kinda writing bookets to expect WW :)
we have just started business management and change...

Spring Sakura

HSC
I got 18.5/20 for my 1st assessment
^_^ Pretty happy seeing as it was an in class essay and I didn't study till the night before.

goan_crazy

HSC
Spring Sakura said:
I got 18.5/20 for my 1st assessment
^_^ Pretty happy seeing as it was an in class essay and I didn't study till the night before.
wow that is awesome for last minute study! excellent mark sprink sakura!

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
i got 36/40 for my first assessment - sumthing like =4th in class. Highest was 38. So i didnt do to bad. I'm happy

goan_crazy

HSC
elissa said:
i got 36/40 for my first assessment - sumthing like =4th in class. Highest was 38. So i didnt do to bad. I'm happy
dats awesome elissa! nice work! :D

showman

HSC
ahhhh k got ya thanks guys solved my problem......

hey without wings how did you go for PD in HSC.....you reckon hard subject...ne sugestions from now?......i just feel like my teacher is just too lazy and isnt good enough, im worried about my HSC for PD

Last edited:

madster

HSC
mine was a business report on qantas i got 19/20 for it but i am going to hire someone to kill my teacher!

goan_crazy

HSC
madster said:
mine was a business report on qantas i got 19/20 for it but i am going to hire someone to kill my teacher!
y the :mad: face for 19/20???

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
I did quite poorly in my first HSC assessment task and I was really disappointed since I did so well throughout the preliminary course. I hope I can pick up my form again for the next task so I don't screw up my HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)