Class of 'o6.//.Now What?? (1 Viewer)

buttaflai

HSC
so... here we are... class of 2006... finished the trials... formal and graduation coming up and the HSC ready to crash on us harder than a speeding semi-trailer... where to now? uni? TAFE? appreticeships? Full Time work?

My Goal... Sydney Uni doin a combined degree in Ed/Sc..and then go on to get a PhD =) but after the HSC i'm travelling anywhere and everywhere.. woo schoolies - overseas?

I'd like to know what other people's goals are... their dreams and aspirations... what they want to do after their final year... yadda yadda yadda... i talk too much...

riot_girl88

HSC
my ideal dream would be a bacholar of law at UTS but before that i would love to go on a holiday... Fiji would be awesome.

spoonkilr

HSC
hmmmmmmmmm, the ideal plan would be Bachelor of Fine Arts at UNSW, then a diploma of education and off as a secondary school art teacher. not too hot about uni though its just one of the options. if the uni thang dont go, it will most likely be a tiling or a plumbing apprenticeship. but my ultimate plan, is the army reserve as a rifleman (ECN343), cos it will look so cool on my resume...

fa1nt

HSC
haha mai smells. =D jks. im gna get into bachelor of radiography. if not becomin a teacher. syykd. later all.

buttaflai

HSC
riot_girl88: sounds good.. good luck with that.. law.. maybe u'll helpg et me outta some sticky situations then? or sue some kids for psychological damage =D

spoonkilr: i'm sure u'll make it into uni... jus work at it a little... but if u wanna join the army then go for your degree that's prolli a better way to go...

fa1nt: radiography... last year 89.00 at sydney?.. good luck kiddo.. i don't think you'll be able to handle teaching... lol... ur too... nice?... turon suckz =D

ms.JESS

HSC
My plans for the future have changed a billion times.

I was aiming to do a Health Science and Syd. UNI and then I don't know .. It just didn't seem me in the end & I couldn't be bothered busting my ass of during the HSC. I am now accepted into a private college and I'm going to study journalism! I feel so much relaxed.

Always

HSC
I'd like to do a Commerce or Liberal Studies or International Studies degree next year. Before that I'm going on a looonng holiday.

"Chubby"

HSC
MY TRIALS HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED YET....!!!!!

i would love to do b primary edu at USYD but the UAI is too high and i really doubt i would get that...

when hsc is done, hmmmmmm ill prob sleep......sleep.....and did i mention sleep? LOL

sinist4

HSC
my goal is to have a goal...

nah... go to uni, if i can get into something i like... thats about it and spend my uni days playing WOW LOL :D
maybe i can get a part time job playin WOW... that would be sik, no really

dreinahouse

HSC
N/A
i am taking a gap year... going to work for half a year, then go overseas for like 4 months and work as an english native speaker teacher's aide type thing in Poland. yeah and in 2008 i plan to start at UNSW in a subject in the Build Environment feild.. depending on my uai :) this year i want to try my best and have a gud time n stuf.. and yeh im going to port for schoolies shud b relaxin.. ne1 else goin2 port msg me or smn ! woot x

buttaflai

HSC
denise ur not goin to fail physics... read, summarise and read again until u get the concept.. if u don't get it.. i'll explain it.. till then... i'll jus sit back and relax knowing i'm through with physics =D

LottoX: i was under the impression that the UAI for medicine (assuming BMedSc) would be lower than a combined law degree.. =/ well good luck with that... and dw.. i'm sure u'll get the course u want =D

ms.JESS: private college? isn't that like really expensive.. well if u've got the money then godspeed girl..

Always: Isn't doing international studies like goin on a holiday for the duration of your course? double holiday? o_O

"Chubby": primary education u.syd: 86.45 - it's reachable... study hard for your trials if u haven't done them yet... aim to increase ur average by 5 - 10 points in ur trial.. so if ur average is say... 75... aim for 80-85 in ur trial... then try the same for your hsc ... u'll get there no worries... if not.. u could always apply for other unis... UWS only requires a UAI of aroun 65... or something like that... =D all the best

sinist4: what the heck is WOW?

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs: ur lucky u haven't done you trials yet.. more time to study and get ur marks up (if u need it)... psychology... well notre dame university offers psychology but u don't really need a UAI to get in... interview and so on and so forth..

dreinahouse: sounds good... how does a gap year work? do u apply for uni and if u get the course... like.. postpone it or something?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Finish trials
Finish mw's
Get my social life back in order (earning me monies as an event photographer at the moment!)

Uhm... go to an island. pitch a tent. pray for no tsumani's. make boyfriend get a boat to come stay with me. yay.

Apart from that I think i'm going to end up at Newcastle university?
Meh i don't care about all the elitism with universities these days, I've visited all 3 heavyweighters (UNSW, Maquarie and USYD) and even UTS isn't so appealing these days to me. SYDNEY IS TOO EXPENSIVE!!! :) But I likes it anyway.

Uhm, I want to expand my photographic career to international level basically.
Hah

As for trials my fellow cohort, they're OKAY.
TRIALS ARE OKAY.
(not death)

T

Testpilot

My goal is to be doing something with aeroplanes. (completely obsessed). Either Bachelor of Engineering (Aeronautical), pilot or something, so long as it flys.

sinist4

HSC
buttaflai: WOW is world of warcraft (pc game)
i was jking ...lol b4
imma try and get into uni... and i'll let my uai decide what profession i chooose.

(most likeley sum type of engineering)

Always

HSC
buttaflai said:
Always: Isn't doing international studies like goin on a holiday for the duration of your course? double holiday? o_O
haha, is it? Shows how much thought I've put into uni courses...

buttaflai

HSC
luscious-llama: trials are okay.. if you've studied.. in my case.. i barely know what a book is... =D... and that word "cohort" is becoming a cliche... *ears ring*... ur post sparked up another question... is uni overrated?.. referring in particular to the "top three"... UTS, USyd and UNSW...in no particular order of course...

Last edited:

rev-ise

HSC
Not sure exactly what I want to do yet, most likely go to uni next year, B. Business or something like that, I think. Hoping to get a UAI of at least 75.00, which I am sure I can do. :D

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
I'm really curious. Does anyone still have any assessment tasks left? Cause I do :(
Yes :(, one that a teacher must've realised he didn't have time for before trials(which are this and next week :worried::(:(), haha.

Can not wait until 2 weeks from now, no more trials! wohoo! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)