Class of 'o6.//.Now What?? (1 Viewer)

buttaflai

HSC
Testpilot: flying is good.. just dont become a testpilot (as ur name suggests).. unless u have a deathwish.. if u do then..ur crazy and i wish u all the luck in the world.. u'll need it...

sinist4: i should've known.. guys that go to my school talk about that a great deal.. u might be a candidate for computer engineering.. or technical or something like that... good pay engineering...

Always: i dunno.. i'm asking you.. but friend of mine said something along those lines.. that internatinal studies involves u goin overseas for a period of time to study.. *shruggz*

rev-ise: business huh? we have a gambler on our hands =D.. i was thinkin business too at one stage... but not the risky type... if i were to go into business... it wud be in management... own a function centre or something..organise formals. weddings.. conferences.. it'd be like living out my formal/wedding over and over again every week!!.. ooh that'd be fun... hmm... dammit now u've presented me with another choice... to teach or no to teach... to buy.. or sell... all the best with ur hsc

Iheartpaulfrank: BSc/BArts.. what's that? i get the science bit.. but isn't Arts like.. a degree to do anything? evaluate?

sinist4

HSC
testpilot: flying, thats awsome, what planes you want to fly? f18's
that would hectic :p

or are you just into designing... like missles and stuff. yay missles

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
well, i decided about 2 days ago that since i will probably have to go to UWS (i originally wanted to go to UNSW but i dont relish the hours of public transport every day) that i'm going to aim to get into the Bachelor of Performance, do that, and then do a secondary education degree on top of that so that a) i can study something i love and am interested in (theatre) and b) also have a viable job when i get out as opposed to ending up an out of work actor with no other qualification, lol.
i'm still going to audition for a few drama schools though, even if i'm not accepted (one can always hope) the audition experience will be valuable anyway.

T

Testpilot

sinist4 said:
testpilot: flying, thats awsome, what planes you want to fly? f18's
that would hectic :p

or are you just into designing... like missles and stuff. yay missles
No...no airforce for me, cos i wouldn't meet medical requirements (asthma, somebody fitter would always beat me cos its so competitive) so i'll have to settle for commercial. But yes flying F/A 18s would be fun. Or I might end up designing planes.

buttaflai said:
Testpilot: flying is good.. just dont become a testpilot (as ur name suggests).. unless u have a deathwish.. if u do then..ur crazy and i wish u all the luck in the world.. u'll need it...
I believe the word your looking for is clincally insane. Experimental aviation is dangerous...but think of the adrenaline.

Last edited by a moderator:

buttaflai

HSC
err missiles? how bout.. we have enough conflict in the world without ppl making more ammo to throw at each other...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^: dw bout what uni u get into.. there's all the same.. it's all about the popularity after the academics...

testpilot: no i meant deathwish.. clinically insane... yeah that too... =D.. adrenaline... well considering i'm afraid of heights... i can't empathise... but yeah i get ur point... wat ever floats ur boat =]... hmmm...

doll.parts: say hi to the queen for me =D and kiss prince harry too!!

Last edited:

sinist4

HSC
buttaflai : well we need to defend our self dont we?, i wish we could live in a conflict free world as well but that isnt going to happen... anyway its a job right (& and someone has to do it) :p

btw who's doing physics cssa trial on thursday ...

rev-ise

HSC
buttaflai said:
rev-ise: business huh? we have a gambler on our hands =D.. i was thinkin business too at one stage... but not the risky type... if i were to go into business... it wud be in management... own a function centre or something..organise formals. weddings.. conferences.. it'd be like living out my formal/wedding over and over again every week!!.. ooh that'd be fun... hmm... dammit now u've presented me with another choice... to teach or no to teach... to buy.. or sell... all the best with ur hsc
Thanks for the wishes. I was thinking more the financial area of business, as I think with most B. Businesses, I can choose a major in financial planning, or accounting(though thinking of having other people really rely on me about their money, it's kinda scary atm), and I think doing that rather than simply accounting on it's own. It leaves me with options, a bit of diversity in the decisions I can make for my career.

buttaflai

HSC
sinist4 said:
buttaflai : well we need to defend our self dont we?, i wish we could live in a conflict free world as well but that isnt going to happen... anyway its a job right (& and someone has to do it) :p

btw who's doing physics cssa trial on thursday ...
lol.. yes it is a job that someone has to do... well not HAS to but yeah... sad thing is... no one ever attacks australia.. well not since the japanese as far as i know... but we always stick our nose in where we're not welcome... it's like j.howard wants to be a sitting duck... *shoot me*... all the way with LBJ? hmmm...

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
buttaflai said:
luscious-llama: trials are okay.. if you've studied.. in my case.. i barely know what a book is... =D... and that word "cohort" is becoming a cliche... *ears ring*... ur post sparked up another question... is uni overrated?.. referring in particular to the "top three"... UTS, USyd and UNSW...in no particular order of course...

Mmm i just use cohort cuz I can't use friends..... :)
University overrated? Depends on your situation socially I guess.
Me for example, working class family in regional NSW,
I feel totally out of place in all those universities due to my inadequacy intellectually. Heh.

If I were really intelligent maybe i'd feel okay.

Also that they tend to have alot of the kiddies from schools around Sydney attend. Like for instane we had about 5 people from my school go to UTS, Usyd, UNSW and Maquarie, whereas someone from Abbotsleigh would have a fair few friends at all of those, and like a bitchload of friends from 0539539 other schools.

I'm really lucky that I actually know quite a few people now cause of this BigBlogger competition all over Sydney. I rate myself as pretty friendly and things but I don't feel comfortable at any of those places really.

So yeah I guess those places are overrated for me. I can get the same experience at Newcastle University I guess. Maybe I won't go at all...
It does seem overrated but a good experience at being an adult for once instead of being babied at school having everything handed to you.

I just want to be happy.
Currently I am uber happy: I have a close boyfriend who's also my best friend, a clan of girlies who are supportive, a pyscho network of friends from all over NSW...
and have just finished the trials. 2 Major works to go and life is looking fairly okay.

Will University make me happy?
Who knows but I know chocolate eclairs will... ta ta

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
I plan on doing a science/business combined degree at UTS, but that depends heavily on me getting final hsc marks over 85%.
If all goes to plan i'll become a wealthy owner of a successfull company.

4DOGS

HSC
my goal is to finish this year and be 18 2 days after my last exam (whooooooooooooo) and party it up. From there well we will just see what happens with my results and UAI. i would like to do something to do with sport....any one got any suggestions for me ???

riot_girl88

HSC
Always: i dunno.. i'm asking you.. but friend of mine said something along those lines.. that internatinal studies involves u goin overseas for a period of time to study.. *shruggz*

yeah i wanted to do that course, it basically involves you going overseas for either a semester or a year and studying there.

buttaflai

HSC
4DOGS said:
my goal is to finish this year and be 18 2 days after my last exam (whooooooooooooo) and party it up. From there well we will just see what happens with my results and UAI. i would like to do something to do with sport....any one got any suggestions for me ???
well don't drink to the point u need ypur stomach pumped... have fun but done forget to take care... as for a course in sport...
you could always do a B Health Science... someaspects of that course involve studying human movement... or u could do a combined degree...
for example: usyd B Human movement/B education... and become a pdhpe teacher..
a b Human Movement (87.20) on its own would allow u to go into personal training... sports coaching.. sports management etc... possibilities are endless... =D best bet would be a B Health Science and then choose your subjects and major in whatever depending...

buttaflai

HSC
omg... Lotto X ur YOUNG!!.. o_O did u skip a grade or something? O.O

yssy

HSC
Advanced Diploma of Aviation (Airline Preparation - Flight Instruction) at Basair Aviation College

I have also applied for a Qantas Cadetship, for which testing has already begun (just waiting for that all important phone call)

If all else fails, I have put UNSW Bachelor of Aviation (Flying) and then UNSW Bachelor of Aviation (Managment) down as back-ups.

xx__savannah

HSC
Next year I'll be working, starting to write a horseracing trivia book, and watching as much sport as possible (Go the Titans and QLD Roar). Also thinking of going over to England for a few weeks, purely for the Harry Potter book.

After that I want to go to uni, I'll probably do a bachelor of Communication, I don't really know. I want to be a sports journo eventually, so I'll just see how I go.

B35tY

HSC
Hmm, well because i'm turning 17 on the day of the Jap HSC Exam, i'll have to put off partying for a bit after that.

Next year: I'll take a year off, make some money, get my Ls and then my Ps (finally), and basically whatever else i feel like.

After that, business or finance at Macq. I should probably get my preferences in...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)