Class Size Limits (1 Viewer)

frontman

HSC
Ive been wanting to do chemistry for a while now but on the line i want to do it on both chem classes are apparently full. The class limit is 24 for the HSC.

BUT I have been told by one chem teacher that the class limit may be 25 for the prelimary course as at least one student is bound to drop out, especially when there are 2 classes on the line. However the teacher in charge of subject changes does not think that this is the case.
So I dont know who is right

Anyone care to help me out??

Does your year 11 chem class have over 24 people???

cs01001

HSC
I heard it is around 25 or 28, not sure

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
I've now currently got approximately 24 people in my class .. more or less. Hey, I never realised. Sorry, gosh this is completely useless then. But I will count when I have my next chem lesson. lol ^^"

frontman

HSC
Thanks for the help guys

even though now im even more confused :confused:

cccclaire

HSC
I've got only 15 in my chem class, only one class too.

I'd talk to the head of science or principal, if I were you, I wouldn't settle for that lame reason.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
frontman said:
Ive been wanting to do chemistry for a while now but on the line i want to do it on both chem classes are apparently full. The class limit is 24 for the HSC.

BUT I have been told by one chem teacher that the class limit may be 25 for the prelimary course as at least one student is bound to drop out, especially when there are 2 classes on the line. However the teacher in charge of subject changes does not think that this is the case.
So I dont know who is right

Anyone care to help me out??

Does your year 11 chem class have over 24 people???
We don't even get 24 people in a class doing chem. I'd ask people in the school about it, query it and so forth.

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
(Aside; we have so many people doing Chemistry it is not funny. Virtually the whole grade is.)
There are 13 people in my whole grade doing Chemistry at the moment. It was 21 at the beginning of the year, but proved too hard for some people. The chemistry teacher was quite picky regarding who stayed and who dropped chem.
(I guess it would be important to note that there are only 73 people or so in my grade, so I guess 13 in chemistry might be a fair portion?)

yosemite sam

HSC
Our english teacher said that teachers aren't legally required to teach classes of more than 24 students in the senior school cos of the class size reductions Howard made, but thats sposed to be flexible - one of our English Advanced teachers left and no one could teach his class so it was split in two and divided between the exiting two other classes, so our English Advanced class now has 31 students. It sucks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)