• never happened

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • still on

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Capitalism allowed the working class to have everything they wanted. All the material issues of the 19th c were substantially sorted by the 21st. The exploitation most likely remains, but there is no comparison with pre-war conditions (perhaps it's shipped to the third world, I dont know guys)

If anything, the struggle today is about the market's awesome power of mind control

ubernuton

HSC
Iron said:
Capitalism allowed the working class to have everything they wanted. All the material issues of the 19th c were substantially sorted by the 21st. The exploitation most likely remains, but there is no comparison with pre-war conditions (perhaps it's shipped to the third world, I dont know guys)

If anything, the struggle today is about the market's awesome power of mind control
well that could be true in australian (not what i belive but can understand why u think it) we live in a world of mutinational corperations so therefore for the war to be over it has to be over everywhere.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Australia never really developed a really bad class system, mostly thanks to its short existence and early foundation of the welfare system.

-Anfernee-

HSC
Slidey said:
Australia never really developed a really bad class system, mostly thanks to its short existence and early foundation of the welfare system.

Spoken like a true blue-collar, working class Joe.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
Spoken like a true blue-collar, working class Joe.
As I type this I am using Firefox 3 on Ubuntu with 2 IDLE windows open for coding the vector physics of the 2D platformer I am working on via Python's SDL wrapper.

Learn to fucking stereotype.

-Anfernee-

HSC
Slidey said:
As I type this I am using Firefox 3 on Ubuntu with 2 IDLE windows open for coding the vector physics of the 2D platformer I am working on via Python's SDL wrapper.

Learn to fucking stereotype.

ok, Joe.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Schroedinger said:
I don't USE JAVA because it CONTINUES THE CLASS BASED HEGEMONY.

I'll be here all.. my life :(
Have fun with the Aspies. :confused:

ubernuton

HSC
KFunk said:
What constitutes winning/losing?
that is what decide wether u belive the war is won or lost or still on
it is you idea if victory condition that decide you opionon

ubernuton

HSC
Slidey said:
we came to this country with a pre-biult class system aborigional-convicts-solider-officers

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
ubernuton said:
that is what decide wether u belive the war is won or lost or still on
it is you idea if victory condition that decide you opionon

Does the sky funk?

Mu

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The culture wars are all the rage since the post-war economic boom. Generally the workers have sold out to the right, due to their feeble minds. In the left corner are an elite more dislocated and marginalised from the 'mainstream' then ever before. The university's traditional, sacred, moral charter to seek truth and justice lies in a pile of debris - captured by a monster that men made but cant control - forced into the slavery of consumerism and the indignity of profit. It is nothing but a grimey factory, producing little robots trained to sprout the virtues of the market on command.

Ademir

HSC
ubernuton said:
class war which side are u on
Not the most logical question, considering anyone who would actually yell "BOURGEOISIE4LYF" probably won't admit such thing as a class war exists.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
I think you misunderstand the concept of a "class war." Its really just a buzzword used to describe ongoing tension between owners of factors of production and workers. It does not describe an actual war capable of being resolved with a winner and a looser.
Labourers also own a factor of production. :p

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I don't think Marx foresaw the corruption on his ideas into Communism, either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)