"Classic" albums you can not enjoy (1 Viewer)

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
I've always thought that Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane were a little overrated in the Bowie catalogue - not nearly as good as Low, Heroes, Hunky Dory or Station to Station. But to their credit they both have a few killer songs, especially Ziggy Stardust - Starman is a favourite.

Also, Daft Punk - Discovery. Just think it's sort of forgettable outside of a few great songs, and I was never crazy about One More Time or Digital Love.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Also, Hex Enduction Hour by The Fall and Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart.

Both albums I'm sure I'd appreciate but they're both a bit too much to swallow and appreciate after only a handful of listens

walrusbear

HSC
i find hex enduction hour hard to listen through all the way
the classical is fucking awesome though

spiny norman

HSC
s-p-a-c-e-d said:
I've always thought that Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane were a little overrated in the Bowie catalogue - not nearly as good as Low, Heroes, Hunky Dory or Station to Station.
For me, Low is worth a mention in this thread. I love Bowie, and really love both "Heroes" and Station to Station (probably my second favourite Bowie album, behind Ziggy) surrounding it, but Low to me has always been spectacularly dull.

runtlocks said:
Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart.
You're wrong on this one, my friend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)