Classical Greek Cont. & Ext. Class of 07 (1 Viewer)

ekirii

iota
HSC
talking of languages on the agenda to go... russian is right up there (must be the cyrillic alphabet?) and welsh. currently, will probably drop french for hsc.

@ Steph, Mr B was nice to us. we both thought it was fine. btw, u guys hv mr ferguson right? and we saw the postcard he sent you on the noticeboard when we were in cls1 the other day. i think our grand total of two postcards have iconic sites on them from wherever he was. we both miss him but Mr F isnt bad. he just reminds me of a politician.

sooo... i'm supposed to be turning into a guy or did i misread that? and... um ... anthropoestin is turning into a girl?

not bad. not too disturbing. i spent the whole night procrastinating about engx on friday by displaying disturbing avatars - a competition of sorts to see how long it would take before the other person in our chat cracked.

HSC
Rowing is no cancelling out of being a girl.
We have several scary sets of rowers in our school @.@
They all insist they're female.
Wouldn't want to argue with a few of them.
(Is there a collective for rowers? Teams? Boats? Eights? o_O)

ekirii

iota
HSC
they have a very ... amazonian feel. but i admire them for waking up early in the morning. i have trouble dragging myself up at 7:45.

Mr Gumby

HSC
I'm afraid I won't be able to wear the toga to the study day, but if you're very good, I might bring my laurel wreath and wear that.
Don't worry Steph, I don't watch Gilmore Girls. It happened to be on when I was channel-surfing, a since Zara had mentioned it, I though 'why not?' I eventually discovered why not. Worst show ever. You should watch Monty Python's Flying Circus - GREATEST SHOW EVER MADE. Alternative, watch League of Gentlemen or Absolutely Fabulous.
Zara, it seems you've taken me seriously when I said I would learn netball. I thought the sarcasm was fairly obvious. However, since I'm afraid of the intense disappointment and rage that will consume you if I say no, I might give it a go. Maybe. MAYBE.
We're still tidying up Periclean Athens and Pompeii, but we've finished Rome 133-78 and Tiberius Gracchus, so yes, we're absically done.

HSC
Tut tut, Nicholas, assuming sarcasm will be understood on the internet.
You really have no choice now.

Or, alternatively, you should give up on the television altogether.
Zaz, I would have thought the message would have sunk in with you by now :p

HSC
ekirii said:
talking of languages on the agenda to go... russian is right up there (must be the cyrillic alphabet?) and welsh. currently, will probably drop french for hsc.

@ Steph, Mr B was nice to us. we both thought it was fine. btw, u guys hv mr ferguson right? and we saw the postcard he sent you on the noticeboard when we were in cls1 the other day. i think our grand total of two postcards have iconic sites on them from wherever he was. we both miss him but Mr F isnt bad. he just reminds me of a politician.

sooo... i'm supposed to be turning into a guy or did i misread that? and... um ... anthropoestin is turning into a girl?

not bad. not too disturbing. i spent the whole night procrastinating about engx on friday by displaying disturbing avatars - a competition of sorts to see how long it would take before the other person in our chat cracked.
Yeah! That really attracted me to Russian! I love the cyrillic alphabet because it's so pretty and so similar to Greek! Plus I'm a Russian History fan! XD (and I've recently gotten into 19th century Russian novels which are the BOMB!)

XD I dropped French at the end of year 10! Probably a smart move as speaking and writing and listening all SUCK. Plus the 3 language thing would have been ARGH most likely!

Yeah we have Mr F for Thucy and Ext! I think he's just getting used to the three of us now...we were being pretty...well giggly and immature in Greek Ext today...hopefully he didn't pick up why but he probably did! He knows what we're like...hopefully! We miss Mr B terribly though, we really want him to come back! Yeah he sent a postcard to the Latinys and we got all offended because we thought he forgot about us but he didn't!

Yes you're supposed to be turning into a guy, mentally anyway! XD You'll get a lot better at it especially if you're doing Ext Greek next year! You must because you're doing the Iliad anyway and you wouldn't want to miss out on the Homery goodness and the Achilles/Patroclus action!

That's a very good competition indeed! You really are a Greekie! XD

@Nicholas: Yep! Alright that's good enough I reckon...maybe! XD

You're a very good boy/girl/it Nicholas! You do have excellent taste in tv I might add and I DO ABSOLUTELY AND UTTERLY ADORE (<3333) AB FAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!...I just said 'absolutely' way too much. We girlies/teenage boys/its must watch some Flying circus some day! Have you seen History Boys!?

:wave:

anthropoestin

HSC
History boys is too good!!

How awesome is it!?? i loved it...i love english humour...in stark contrast to say..kath and kim...

and yes! how anoying were those kappas!!!! they wigged me out..i had no idea at first haha

i cant believe you didnt tell what was in it!! i got it back today though and did well so im stoked!! and yes yr 11 exams = useless waste of time.

but french, latin, greek is the HSC way to go!! but i suppose ive got greek out of the way so it wont really all be at the same time......soooo much vocab to remember though...its ridiculous!!

and how good is russian..i love it. especially now that bloody putin is reclaiming communism for his country...RUSSIA IS BACK AND BAD: WATCH OUT.

but yeah, i love the cyrillic...and welsh would be awesome too....but i want to do another classical one i think (why the attraction!?) maybe accadian? or sanskrit?? you can do it at SGS can't you!? lucky....

yeah bring that laurel wreath nicholas...
haha it might be awkward when we meet each other.......we'll be like, who's that weirdo in the corner? and then we'll realise that we're all thinking the same thing hahaha...ill be the gangly weirdo too....

HSC
That's it then. A greekie outing to watch the History Boys :p

Alex, we're planning to go to the Ancient Language summer and winter schools forever until we finish all the language courses :p.
Planning to do Akkadian and Greek Papyri and all the rest. JOIN US. XDD

We were reading through it and were going "O_O it's an x!" Apparently it's the modern greek typeface.

Glad you did well :D

I didn't actually do much work for year 11 exams...just maths and tranny learning.
Probably explains why my 2u maths mark was in the 90s and everything else was somewhere down under the floorboards.

Welsh would be awesome. And Old English. And just everything ancienty. Not that it'll happen though.

Trust me, that awkwardness should disappear within a few seconds of us entering. Should have the entire rest-of-cohort all diving into a corner together, weirdo-thoughts forgotten, in utter terror at our shrieking :pPP.
But yeah, we promise to rescue you from not-knowing-anyone-awkwardness. Just make sure we know which one you are :p.

Last edited:

anthropoestin

HSC
hahaha definately i'll do akkadian with you next winter school!

yeah i know you have to rescue me haha...and the rest of the cohort will be like - who are they!? haha just scream out "King Alex II...oh where oh where are you??' and i'll respond, "Here" in some sort of low grunt

but if i'm supposed to be a girl, i guess i'll have to do the screaming...OMG is that keneesha? oh my god beccy, look who it i-iiiisss! oh no, you did not just go there!

hahaha and i'll be wearing a boater.....................:rofl:

btw do you guys have facebook?

HSC
Brilliant :D :p

You'd better make it a loud low grunt then. And hopefully with more tonality than my little brother's managing at the moment D:. I can't understand anything he says, it's all deep monotone.

D:. Our shrieking is far more creative. So you can do better than that.

Well, we'll look for the boater, and you look for Zara who will be wearing the tam. Steph will probably be in some sort of disarray if our teacher has nothing to do with it, and I'll be somewhere between the two :p
*ducks*

Yes, though I barely use it.
I don't really want to stick my surname out everywhere, but I'll look you up, okay?

Kayley1234

Kayley
HSC
Hey Kids!!!

BAHA ok I'm sorry but I couldn't help myself... I just HAD to post something on here! And you have all officially freaked me out :D Well, no, not really, but you're taking this whole turning-into-guy-thing seriously :p Ah well, looks like I'm stuck in the middle of it all. Aren't I lucky? :uhoh:

Steph, Zara, Ki... GET BACK TO WORK! You guys post abnormally long posts on this thing!

And to the rest of you...I'm very sorry for whatever these 3 are saying. They really are crazy :p

Oh, and before I forget...Modern Greek kills Ancient Greek... yes, you know its true! :p

Ah that should stir enough trouble for now I think :D

HSC
No, no it isn't. Steph refuses to get facebook, actually (there is a steph hajos in our year). Look for Zaras or Julias. Or post a link to yours?

Kaaaaayleeeeey.
Without ancient, modern wouldn't exist. So there.

And I am doing work. I'm writing up notes on Thucydides. And I'm not entirely sure what's possessed me o_O

Last edited:
HSC
@King Alex II: OMG YOU LOVE HISTORY BOYS! Well of course you are a Greekie!!!!!
Bahahaha you did well anyway so I dunno why you're complaining! XD XD XD

Vocab=Bitch. I couldn't be bothered to do French for the HSC...I dropped after yr 10 but hey I might go back to it at uni. I do love my French movies though....XDDDDD

RUSSIA is SCREWED. I was having this big conversation about the state of modern day Russia with my dad this morning...well it wasn't really that big, well we didn't use very many words. In fact I'm reading reports on the current state of Russia on the BBC now instead of doing something useful. Right I should do some Virgil shit...or study Electra.

I want to do Coptic or Aramaic or Classical Hebrew or something (ancient wise)...Akkadian will be good though!!!

Seriously, I think we'll all have no problems meeting. We're all as weird as eachother, clearly! And as Ki said, yeah Zara will be the one all smart with her Tam on, I'll be the messy one and Ki'll be Ki...the tall one XD...we'll be SCREAMING and carrying on like anything!

And no facebook for me! No one's been able to bribe me enough to really get it...I had my fun somewhat with myspace which I majorly abandoned!!!!

@Kayleya: WHAT THE BEEP DO YOU MEAN!?!?! Oh yeah that's right, you're still on the BORDERLINE, never fear honorary Greekie you will be male in no time and you and Stevus won't have to get married in Canada!!!

YEAH BLOODY HELL YOU'RE YELLING AT MOI FOR NOT WORKING! Bloody hell!!!! Why are you talking to me online then!?!?! I AM SO DOING WORK!!!

Well clearly the original is better and made the new version betterer if that makes sense!

And stop stirring trouble troublemaker!! :p :p :p Nah I love ya!!!!

@Ki: STOP WORKING! XD XD XD

Fakhri

HSC
hey,

Nicholas..obviously you know my power..so yes you will play netball (and i did get the sarcasim..but i chose to ignor it..cause thats not what i wanted..we all know i am a baby, since i am the youngest (bar Alex II) and thus always get my way...trust be i will just keep talking until someone gives up..the other person most likely)..

OMG...HOW HOW can anyone not like Gilmore Girls..which episode did you watch maybe you watched a bad one..well i will search and get you a really good episode so you can watch and fall in love..mostly i like it cause of the weird reference which i look up and learn things about the 80's and also love the romances..i am such a girl sometimes...love all romance it makes me happy (looking dreamily)...

if you don;t like gilmore girls then deffinetly watch one tree hill.

And yes...how good is History Boys..best show ever..and i don't usually like crude references (or was that before this year) no matter, it was a really great show...really everyone should watch it or we should get together and watch it like steph said...

Alex, what is with the american tea party??? confused...strange...

Steph i never had a ken cause basically i only ever stole my sis's barbies and she didn't have a ken...i did have a hunchback though..he never featured in my barbie parites...probably cause i only had them with Zara later when we were older, and they became well different kinds of barbie playing

Kayley...what the hell are you doing on our site..and we have had this discussion ancient greek is better, precidence of time and is therefore always right over modern...

you will deffiently recognise me at the seminar day as everyone has said will be wearing my tam..hey peoples leave me alone..i like to wear it...sort of..i may not have complete school pride but i do like the school..i know you guys don't as much but i think after 13yrs and after making great friends and having soo many memories the bad stuff just dies away...plus i think sometimes doing the right thing is just easier..considering i lie and cheat in the rest of my life uniform is my truth outlet...

apparently steph wants me to insert a line from Homer which we revised today..although i have already
'lest she render you base and unmanly once you have been stripped'- yeah it was something else to..but can't remember..

btw i have facebook, well my last name is fakhri. (its my username so i don't really care..plus i don't think i have issues at all with privacy..like the whole givng out numbers thing...seems like no big deal to me...maybe its just cause i am naive..or stupid either or).so look up zara fakhir under the plc network..weird pic of ki lying on top of me with murphy (our friend underneath...yes it sounds weird but it isn't that...it dosen't look that bad...stop looking at me like that...stop it..i can see your faces..stop)

k, can't remember anything else meant to write on this thing..man its 11pm should go to sleep...

btw nicholas/jeremey..went to grammar today...well finally saw more of the school than the hall we usually have classics finals in

Fakhri

HSC
sorry about the extra long post..obviously incapable of not ranting and when i am sleepy i talk more..weird...

also...just a reminder you all have to (hence no option) come to our garden party...just thought if i keep annoying you all you will come..or never speak to me again..either way

k..now my message looks like a christmas tree (oops..):wave:

HSC
Oi Zara, stop blaming me! :p :p :p

Dude, you could have potentially had some very interesting games with the hunchback...XD XD XD

And Facebook is another one of those evil things!

That's all!

Still love you lots and lots Zara dear, despite your lond-winded ranting at an almost ungodly hour. XD

:wave:

Mr Gumby

HSC
Fakhri said:
hey,

Nicholas..obviously you know my power..so yes you will play netball (and i did get the sarcasim..but i chose to ignor it..cause thats not what i wanted..we all know i am a baby, since i am the youngest (bar Alex II) and thus always get my way...trust be i will just keep talking until someone gives up..the other person most likely)..

OMG...HOW HOW can anyone not like Gilmore Girls..which episode did you watch maybe you watched a bad one..well i will search and get you a really good episode so you can watch and fall in love..mostly i like it cause of the weird reference which i look up and learn things about the 80's and also love the romances..i am such a girl sometimes...love all romance it makes me happy (looking dreamily)...

if you don;t like gilmore girls then deffinetly watch one tree hill.

And yes...how good is History Boys..best show ever..and i don't usually like crude references (or was that before this year) no matter, it was a really great show...really everyone should watch it or we should get together and watch it like steph said...

Alex, what is with the american tea party??? confused...strange...

Steph i never had a ken cause basically i only ever stole my sis's barbies and she didn't have a ken...i did have a hunchback though..he never featured in my barbie parites...probably cause i only had them with Zara later when we were older, and they became well different kinds of barbie playing

Kayley...what the hell are you doing on our site..and we have had this discussion ancient greek is better, precidence of time and is therefore always right over modern...

you will deffiently recognise me at the seminar day as everyone has said will be wearing my tam..hey peoples leave me alone..i like to wear it...sort of..i may not have complete school pride but i do like the school..i know you guys don't as much but i think after 13yrs and after making great friends and having soo many memories the bad stuff just dies away...plus i think sometimes doing the right thing is just easier..considering i lie and cheat in the rest of my life uniform is my truth outlet...

apparently steph wants me to insert a line from Homer which we revised today..although i have already
'lest she render you base and unmanly once you have been stripped'- yeah it was something else to..but can't remember..

btw i have facebook, well my last name is fakhri. (its my username so i don't really care..plus i don't think i have issues at all with privacy..like the whole givng out numbers thing...seems like no big deal to me...maybe its just cause i am naive..or stupid either or).so look up zara fakhir under the plc network..weird pic of ki lying on top of me with murphy (our friend underneath...yes it sounds weird but it isn't that...it dosen't look that bad...stop looking at me like that...stop it..i can see your faces..stop)

k, can't remember anything else meant to write on this thing..man its 11pm should go to sleep...

btw nicholas/jeremey..went to grammar today...well finally saw more of the school than the hall we usually have classics finals in
Zara, I can see your love of Gilmore Girls, plus prolonged exposure to Thucydides, has taught you absolute contempt for punctuation or breaks of any kind in your stream of conscious. Cut down on both immediately.
Me agreeing to play netball will be HEAVILY contingent on you finding a netball court which is sufficiently far from civilisation that I will not be seen by anyone who might later mock me with it.
Why did you go to Grammar? For AMEB exams perhaps?

Last edited:

Fakhri

HSC
hey..u edited your thing...u suck..i had this long rant and now steph because its her fault the page expired and lost my beautiful writings...sad..

you are lucky kayley says that i am apparently writting my whole life story on this thing

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)