Classical Greek Cont. & Ext. Class of 07 (1 Viewer)

anthropoestin

HSC
think i awakened the scary HSC students in you all...english sounds lame, oh well greek should be much more interesting!

this is my final and last post before the dearest examination, so GOOD LUCK!!!

grapsate eu hina krateste examinou!!!!

until afterwards,

ABII out :)

HSC
Nothing unexpected, natural vocab hiccups in seen and unseen translation and hopfully comment answers that weren't too unintelligible. I'm just hoping for the best and making no judgement.

You?

Mr Gumby

HSC
Well, that was pretty good, except for that sentence in the Thucydides unseen. There goes at least one mark. And some of the comment was a bit vague, like the Thucydides, which said 'using this passage and your own knowledge' without any of the questions having anything to do with the excerpt. Aside from that, not bad. I think I was actually more exhausted after that exam than after English, though, and there's something not right about that.

I know about Jeremy, but how did the rest of you do?

HSC
Now, let me quickly have my own 'stfu' moment....
STFU THUCYDIDES! *happydance*

That was altogether better than I expected. I actually had an idea what was going on in the Euripides unseen :D (more than I had when doing some practice unseens XD).
And I had no idea what was going on in the first bit of the Thucy unseen O__o. Maybe I need to learn more about ancient politics, or something. The words at least seemed to make sense, even if what was actually happening didn't XDD

It's oooooover.

And Niiiicholas, stop angsting over half marks/one marks. For all our sanity.

AOS was definitely the most exhausting D:

HSC
Oh, and I'm creating a secret Greek Freak group on facebook.
I don't think we can legitimately occupy our thread after the exams are finished ):
We need to hand it down to the year 11 greekies, don't we steph -- I think you told them it'd be bequeathed to them? XD
:p
(I may just hide from the wrath of steph now *dives for cover*)

antiphon

HSC
that *blinks*...wasn't too bad. surprisingly, considering how ill-prepared I was. Olson can attest to that, 15 mins before the exam was the first time I did a practice unseen. XD
although, hopefully they don't mark our exams like our teacher does. XD

hm...dammit. kainon means new. and Olson, you were right about medeterois. ah well. hopefully that's only 2 marks gone.

ho telos. eu ge, pantes. *flourishes cloak and steps into the sunset*

HSC
New? Whoops.
I didn't actually do an practice unseens...well, since...term? Couple days after it ended? XD

Our teacher does a quarter off per mistake (one of them...the other just randomly arrives at a mark O__o)

Why do you analyse exams once they're gone?

antiphon

HSC
yeah. I said favourable XD
um. I meant that's the first practice unseen I've done of my own volition THIS YEAR. :p

that's stupid.

because it's what I do. :(
and because in exams like this I remember where I've gone wrong. and I get hung up on that XD

HSC
Yes that's right, Ki you're a dickhead!
I don't even need to express my opinion of Facebook anymore.

The rest of you are officially dickheads too.

"OMGS LIEK I ALREDY KNO I LOZT LIEK 2 MARKZ OMGZ FALE!!!!1111!!!"

STFU. Okies?

Well to do you all a favour and cheer you up, I probably lost a million marks. Consider yourself lucky that at least one person in the cohort has done zero work in two years.

Well excuse me while I go and cheer myself up by doing ridiculous amounts of chemistry so I don't kind of FUCK up tomorrow, like the rest of my HSC. Watch me fail all my calculations. Brilliant.

So yeah. STFU, okayz?

anthropoestin

HSC
i think that is probably a pretty fair summary. I thought commentary was really easy, especially the electra one. but the second set text passage for thucydides was a bitch, and the final thucyd unseen was disastruous. i spent too much time on the essays which were ok. Overall I'm pretty happy. Could have gone worse, unseens could definately have gone better. Ah well...such is life, it's over now!

Can't believe we have to wait 2 months until we find out our results...it seems ridiculous!!

And I can't believe you're going to all leave me! And thereupon hand me over to this new year 11 cohort so innocent and blisfully ignorant! how they've no idea of the tribulations which face them...fun though these at some time (?) are.

Alas....i do hope they're ok to keep me company during extension discussions next year..........:bomb:

Mr Gumby

HSC
antiphon said:
that *blinks*...wasn't too bad. surprisingly, considering how ill-prepared I was. Olson can attest to that, 15 mins before the exam was the first time I did a practice unseen. XD
although, hopefully they don't mark our exams like our teacher does. XD

hm...dammit. kainon means new. and Olson, you were right about medeterois. ah well. hopefully that's only 2 marks gone.

ho telos. eu ge, pantes. *flourishes cloak and steps into the sunset*
Well, you said you were better prepared for this than the trials. Which isn't saying much, considering you weren't prepared for the trials at all. But I told you, the secret is not studying for Modules; you've got to prioritise!

I told you kainon was news; if it had meant favourable, the next clause wouldn't have said 'if good', would it? And I wasn't right about medeterois! We spoke to Dr Stevens straight after the exam and my translation of that line was completely wrong. All our translations were completely wrong.

'Flourishes cloak' indeed! Don't flatter yourself Jeremy.

We stress about individual marks and analyse exams once they're done because we're Grammar boys, and that's what we do. It's in our nature and I'm afraid you'll never be able to change it.

As for the thread, it's called Classical Greek Cont. & Ext. CLASS OF 07. I think that means it's our thread. We can't hand it down to the Class of 08.

Yes, two months till we get the results is a mighty long time. I'm not sure I'll be able to cope. We used to get angry if our teachers didn't give us our results on the first lesson back after the exams.

HSC
It will be until they either lock the thread (because we're gone) or Steph changes the title :p
...They seem to suddenly shunt the threads of each year into the archives, so I'm assuming that's what's going to happen.

Alex, you were invited to our lovely Greek Freaks group :p

Speaking of cloak flourishing, I rewatched POTO yesterday.......

o_O We used to get angry if they did hand it back the first lesson after. We used to get angry if they handed it back at all.
I think they need to the two months to mark all the english XD

We'll never be able to change it, and so continues the cycle of regret, angst and unhappiness. O__o. It's a wonderful feeling never having to think about an exam again. Try it.

HSC
Yeah, I think we lost count of all the "No thanks, it's ok"s to Mr Brown after every assessment.

Yeah, seriously you've just got to laugh it off and move on, lik I've done with nearly all my assessments in the past two years. There's no need wallowing in academic angst. *hypocrite*
*shrugs* It's not the end of the world.

Yeah this thread is very much, well us, I suppose? So I guess we can either let it get locked away and archived or we just keep using it.

Bahahaha suckers to the English teachers! I'd reckon they'd get so BORED!

I did work out that procrastination pays off, well it does in Chemistry anyway. XD

I discovered Pharaoh again last night on my night off...so bad.

Anyway, yay ext Greek and maths. >> << >>

Mr Gumby

HSC
There's no way a Grammar boy can laugh off an exam and move on. It's impossible. It's also impossible to imagine a Grammar boy who would decline to have an assessment back. Jeremy and I aren't anywhere near the worst, either. There are some who go around to everyone in the year comparing marks, then trying to calculate their position and scaled mark.

It's a bit of a lie calling this the Greek thread when the conversation doesn't have that much to do with Greek anymore. Same with your Greek Freaks group - you may as well just call it Freaks.

antiphon

HSC
oh. sorry Olson, I wasn't really listening. which you probably should have expected.

what's POTO?

yes Alex, join! the more people we have, the more the peer pressure.

wallowing in academic angst is what we do best. although it's quite pointless, yes.
after all, as Shakespeare wrote, "Life's but a monstrous assessment, a poor student that memorises and regurgitates his hour in the hall, and then is heard no more. It is an exam, set by an idiot, full of silence and pen-scratching, signifying nothing."

HSC
D: But whyyyy?

But it's a 'Greek Freaks' group, not a Greek group. Therefore, it's for the Greek Freaks, rather than about the Greek. Unlike this thread.
And we're having a conversation about burning translations, which has more to do with Greek than anything on this thread.

Phantom of the Opera.

D: *THWACKTHWACKTHWACK*
...Simply for saying Shakespeare :3

HSC
I can think of a hilarious hilarious solution for all you Grammar freaks academic concerns, but I'm not going to say it here with the risk of getting, well potentially killed? So you people can just live in suspense and I'll go and prance in a daisy field cacking myself innocently, shall I?

Well we're Freaks because we do/DID Greek so that's why we have to include the word Greek in it.

We do talk about Greek related things here. The topic just diverges very quickly.

I condone translation burning and HSC exam paper burning even if they contribute to the Green House effect. I've just come out of a Chemistry state...that sounds odd like I've changed from a solid to a liquid or gas or something just as odd...now it sounds like I'm on crack...

Everywhere I go on this site there is dissing of Shakespeare! *rollypollyeyes*

And Facebook=Evil?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)