HSC
kony said:
^which school is this?

Eng Adv: AOS, Emma/Clueless
Maths E1: Polynomials, Parametrics of Parabola, Further Trig except 3D trig
Maths E2: Complex, Polynomials, Conics
Chem: Module 1 and half of Module 2
Phys: same as above

it's clear that my school is very behind in everything except ME2.

sigh. thank god for tutoring!
Geez stress less in sciences and English you're supposed to cover a module a term on average. You must remember heaps of schools finish real early but it doesn't necessarily mean they understood everything in that amount of time... Everything will even itself out come HSC time. :)

beentherdunthat

HSC
watatank said:
Is that that school who takes spoonfeeding information to a whole new level?
Um that's just nasty...you can't "spoonfeed" person maths...it's a skill, not something that can be learnt... like I said we're good at Maths and the Sciences, these subjects mostly require logic and problem solving skills in contrast to learning information (that you so passionately believe is called "spoonfeeding") and regurgitating them in an Exam.

We put in a lot of hardwork in our studies. You're just rude. You just can't stand to see us be so successful. Instead of being encouraging you're acting like a baby. Well no, we're still in the top 25 schools in the state, and there's nothing you can change about that.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
yeh i think they're ahead 1 year and use year 12 as a time to revise.
Get your facts straight. The only thing we study in year 11 as a HSC course is Biology, Maths 2unit and Engish Advanced. Then we sit the HSC exam at the end of the year. You will notice that most of us actually get over 90 even though most of us are still 16 when we sit the exam.

Chemistry, Physics, Maths Ext. 1 and 2, Legal and Business we study in year 12 as a HSC course. Year 12 isn't a time to "revise" otherwise most of us would be getting UAI's of 100, don't you think?

-pari-

HSC
N/A
relax hun^ :)

i think watatank was trying to make us others who're intimidated by the fast pace of your school - feel better.
words won't bring your school down, but it can make the rest of us feel a lil more relaxed in our own schools ;)
and don't undermine the humanities :) regurgitation only takes you to a certain point. it takes a bit more articulation to get a high band 6 :eek:

and i'm sure gangles had no hard feelings - we're not quite sure how your school works since it works so fast. we're just takin guesses :)

beentherdunthat

HSC
lol, I guess so. Sorry people, didn't mean to take a bite. So stressed...

HSC
beentherdunthat said:
Um that's just nasty...you can't "spoonfeed" person maths...it's a skill, not something that can be learnt... like I said we're good at Maths and the Sciences, these subjects mostly require logic and problem solving skills in contrast to learning information (that you so passionately believe is called "spoonfeeding") and regurgitating them in an Exam.

We put in a lot of hardwork in our studies. You're just rude. You just can't stand to see us be so successful. Instead of being encouraging you're acting like a baby. Well no, we're still in the top 25 schools in the state, and there's nothing you can change about that.
I'm sorry you were offended, it was just a throwaway comment, I didnt mean to offend you. I heard that at that school the learning system works differently (obviuosly it does seeing as though you finish subjects before others), and I also just found it bizzare that you can finish that much work in such a short space of time, much like others, no?

Obviously your school's system works because you're a highly ranked school, and I'm sure you guys work deserved all the marks you got. FYI I graduated from a school that worked as "slow" as other schools did, and we get good results too. We were in the top 50 in the state, which isn't too shabby considering the relatively relaxed nature of the school (ok its selective but theres no reason why compreshensive schools can't achieve either). So that means other systems work too, which means that students from other schools shouldn't be discouraged by the furious pace your school is working at.

P.S. Much of the HSC is spoonfed, you don't have to go looking for a lot of the information because its all given to you. You can rote learn just about everything and get awesome marks. Perhaps not maths but sciences to some extent definitely, no matter what you might think.

Last edited:

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
Get your facts straight. The only thing we study in year 11 as a HSC course is Biology, Maths 2unit and Engish Advanced. Then we sit the HSC exam at the end of the year. You will notice that most of us actually get over 90 even though most of us are still 16 when we sit the exam.

Chemistry, Physics, Maths Ext. 1 and 2, Legal and Business we study in year 12 as a HSC course. Year 12 isn't a time to "revise" otherwise most of us would be getting UAI's of 100, don't you think?
Nah.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
Malek Fahd Islamic High School / Bankstown
OMFG that's almost like the initials of our school but that isn't our school and incidentally there are two female students willing to study the HSC over 2 years + preliminary.

theodore223

God's reincarnate
HSC
English: AOS, Module B

Maths: Intergration, Calculus, series (cant remember all of it)

Maths Ext1: Circle geo, intergration maybe more

Maths Ext2: Complex, Conics, Graphs

Chem: First 2 topics

Phys: First 2 topics

Ancient: Pompeii and Sparta

beentherdunthat

HSC
LOL... Okay whatever lol... I AM SO FRIGGIN BORED... How are other schools progressing anyway?

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Off the top of my head:

Advanced English - Module A (Into the Wild), B (King Lear) and C (Telling the Truth), still need to do Area of Study (Inner Journeys)

Business Studies - Business Management and Change, Marketing and all but the last three parts of Financial Management and Planning

Chemistry - Production of Materials and The Acidic Environment, just started Chemical Monitoring and Management

I'd have to check for the others.

But I'd say we're going about the same speed as you, f3nr15.

Sofstar

HSC
English: AOS and King Lear

English Ext: Skull beneath the skin, Big Sleep, Double Indemnity (spell?)

Maths: I dont really know topic names, maximum/minimum, applications of calculus, series n sequences.

Biology: Maintaining A Balance and halfway through Blueprint of Life.

Chem: Production of Materials and just started Acidic Environment (so behind!).

Religion: Christianity, Australian topic (can't remember what it's called) and just started Islam.

Music:.....no idea, some Australian pieces.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
Maths: I dont really know topic names, maximum/minimum, applications of calculus, series n sequences.
1) Geometrical applications of calc (that includes maxima/minima)
2) series and sequences

(so behind!).
yes. not sure about chem...but definately in maths....

beentherdunthat

HSC
Sofstar said:
English: AOS and King Lear
For english we're studying Wordsworths poetry. OMFG... he is SO boring...like it is beyond belief. He writes poems that are 16 pages LONG ... WTF??!? OMFG all about Nature and its beauty... what an imbecile... he should've embraced the Industrial Revolution... instead he goes back to nature... Would love to see a pic of this dude in nature haha. And we're relating his poetry to the book In the Wild, its an O.K. book.

In AOS...we're doing BOTH Rabbit-proof fence AND Huckleberry Finn...but Huck is our Focus text... and R.P.F is a supplimentary.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
^^ You can in other subjects ie you could use Hamlet as a supplementary Revenge Tragedy text in Ext 1 English, but it's not recommended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)