clerkship questions (1 Viewer)

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
melsc said:
They had circled it on their copy of my CV and asked me why the rest of my marks were so good and these ones weren't...
That is pure evil. That's like the equivalent of a teen nightmare by circling every pimple on the face of a 16 year old and asking why some of the skin on the face is good and why other parts are pimply.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
I can't seem to get a job in a law firm. I usually don't even get an interview.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
I think if i was hiring I'd want someone who can has a strong internal-decision making process as oppossed to an ego-based, external referential system. You've got the grades, you've had experience and your bullshitting everyone if you think that's not enough. I think all you have to work on bringing to the table is self-esteem as oppossed to ego and you'll land your big 6 job. The best question is, why do you want it?

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
In all seriousness though, I am intrigued by your outlook on certain things as you've discussed on these forums.

I curious about where you've come from and how you've come to develop this outlook on things.
Sorry, I don't know what you mean. My outlook on what?

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
In all seriousness though, I am intrigued by your outlook on certain things as you've discussed on these forums.

I curious about where you've come from and how you've come to develop this outlook on things.
lol the comedy of typo's. But in seriousness are you talking to me or Marmalade here?

jess083

HSC
I am a JD student and am in my second year and have just realised I need to apply for vacation clerkship. I dont really know much about this and wanted to know if anyone can clarify whats invloved and is it for all areas of law or only if you wanna do commerical. I am in Perth if that makes any difference.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
I am a JD student and am in my second year and have just realised I need to apply for vacation clerkship. I dont really know much about this and wanted to know if anyone can clarify whats invloved and is it for all areas of law or only if you wanna do commerical. I am in Perth if that makes any difference.
The firms that have formal programs tend to be commercial firms, but plenty of them have family law and criminal law and other non-commercial departments. I don't know what firms are in perth but google it, look at your uni's career guide or go to cvmail.com.au. If you want to work at a smaller firm, you'll need to locate them and approach them. Just give them your resume to them and ask for part-time/casual work.

jess083

HSC
Oh thanks for that. I will google some firm here and might go have a look around at the smaller firms. Thanks!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)