Clinique skincare (1 Viewer)

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
Anyone tried their facewash/toner/moisturisers?
Opinions?

I got a free 4 day sample of their 3 step care for oily skin and I'm finding it ok.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Yeah I got some samples the other week as well.

The toner stung like a motherfucker but it did the job (maybe I'm just not used to alcohol based toners, don't let it put anyone off). A+ cleanser and moisturiser. Will probably go and buy some eventually.

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
I have used it before for oily skin and I guess it was alright but I guess my skin was a bit sensitive to it...perhaps the alcohol in the toner was too much? Give the samples a try...and see what you think...At the moment, I'm using an oil based cleanser (not from Clinique though)...it tricks the skin into thinking that it has already produced oil, so it produces less...but it's quite expensive.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Tea tree oil by itself is pretty strong- good for a spot treatment.

But the body shop does a nice line of tea tree oil stuff that's fairly gentle.

efhat

HSC
yeh the clinique 3 step program is what ive been using for the past year or so and its excellent.....ive tries other products and i just break out more after i use them, but this is so good for sensitive skin...yeh i recommend it lol

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
I've finished the trial now, and I think I'm with Doris. Great cleanser and moisturiser, but the toner is a bit strong.

I'll see how much Clinique cleanser is when I finish the one I currently have.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
i recently finished the 4 day trial clinique sample pack
i thought the cleanser was pretty good
the toner was too strong and stung my face =(
the moisturiser kept my face moist for a very long time and you didnt have to use much to cover your face.

currently i dont really have a permanent cleanser...
i just use cetaphil and sometimes st ives face scrub
cetaphil makes ur face feel softer after =) and its good for sensitive skin

ive also started to use the jurlique moisturising mask, which smells like fruit loops, thats pretty good...

sasa-o8

HSC
Cleanser - awesome stuff
Toner - like everybody else..I found it too strong. It stung my face and I went all red..
Moisturiser - I tend to have abit of an oily forehead and it didn't do the trick for me there, but the rest of my face was fine

racheyx

HSC
I had a trial of Clinique and Biotherm, and I agree that the Clinique toner is more or less turps. I liked the Clinique system better than Biotherm overall, but the Biotherm toner was great. At the moment though, I'm using the Garnier Pure products (which looked pretty on the shelf at Woolworths one pay-day), which I find are fantastic for combination/oily skin, and aren't all that expensive. The moisturiser only comes in 40ml quantity, but a little goes a long way and it feels incredible on.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i used to use clinique, but the only thing i use now from clinique is 'take the day off' makeup remover.

i found the cleanser too drying, the toner too stripping and the moisturiser was good but it didnt absorb quickly enough for me.

now i use mario badescu enzyme cleanser (which takes all makeup off gently and easily, even waterproof mascara) and angels on bare skin, followed by moogoo anti aging moisturiser (www.moogoo.com.au)

katykins

i never meant to lie,
in a bulletproof vest, with the windows all closed
HSC
clinique is only great for men - their skincare range for guys is EXCELLENT. that, and LAB series.

for ladies, Lancôme is the best EVER skincare.
if you cant afford it, Olay.

i promise you. i wouldn't be saying this if i didn't know.

dior/chanel/lauder are SHIT.
clinique is average - it doesn't improve much its good for low key maintenance.

layzeehbum

HSC
i tried clinique before and
the cleanser is pretty average. i used better ones with cheaper price.
the toner is the best one. although it sort of stings at first but then i just love it =)
the moisturiser is the worst =( it makes my skin look and feel reaally oily! wouldnt recommend it. my friend totally agree on this as well

iversion

HSC
N/A
my routine is
wash face with a bit of face wash
then wash it again with a bit more this time
then whilst wet, apply moisturiser to the face
i dont use toner, never tried, maybe i should

i used to wipe my face dry with tissue and then apply moisturiser but my skin doesnt feel comfortable that way

products - neutrogena acne free face wash + oil free daily scrub which is pretty good + cetaphil moisturiser

i was given some samples of clinique face wash and moisturiser and its been pretty decent too.

but i STILL have little breakouts now and then, i dont have clear skin which is annoying

HSC
iversion said:
my routine is
wash face with a bit of face wash
then wash it again with a bit more this time
then whilst wet, apply moisturiser to the face
i dont use toner, never tried, maybe i should

i used to wipe my face dry with tissue and then apply moisturiser but my skin doesnt feel comfortable that way

products - neutrogena acne free face wash + oil free daily scrub which is pretty good + cetaphil moisturiser

i was given some samples of clinique face wash and moisturiser and its been pretty decent too.

but i STILL have little breakouts now and then, i dont have clear skin which is annoying
Buy a 2L bottle of Mt Franklin water. Drink it gradually throughout the day. Finish the entire bottle. Repeat every day. Your skin will clear up.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
The toner is terrible. The cleanser smells funny, but works okay. The moisturiser is quite nice and feels very light.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
live_without_it said:
Buy a 2L bottle of Mt Franklin water. Drink it gradually throughout the day. Finish the entire bottle. Repeat every day. Your skin will clear up.
For many acne sufferers, hydration will not make a difference. Water is not this wonderful cure-all that people make it out to be.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Marmalade. said:
For many acne sufferers, hydration will not make a difference. Water is not this wonderful cure-all that people make it out to be.
Water won't cure acne but a good diet and plenty of water will give your body the best possible chance to fight it off. The healthier you can be in general the better off your skin will be (although obviously severe acne needs to be treated by a doctor)

jamersonx

HSC
Been using their anti-blemish range for about a year now, its good, not great, thinking of moving to Kiehls..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)