Close to finishing yet? (1 Viewer)

cj_bridle

HSC
whilst we are drawing close to the trials, how close is everyone to finishing their 4U course theory yet?

my class has about 1/3 of mechanics, 1 polynomials chapter and the harder 3U topics to go. :eek: should i be panicking? lol

CrashOveride

HSC
We have the circulation motion part of mechanisc to do and the rest of mech, but i did the resisted motion stuff over the holidays and some incline harder proj. motion aswell....im a bit annoyerd coz it occured to me that its not likely these things will be tested in teh trials :(

apart from that, we still need to do curve sketching, harder 3unit...and thats about it. Altho we missed stuff like Reduction formula and had to go back and do it ourselves over the hols. I was checking out some of the trials on the BOS mx2 section and it looks quite daunting :(

Im intersted about what kind of strategies ppl are employing in regards to their studies pre-trials. I have pretty much spent all my time doing 4unit over hols, with an english assignment as well,which i now kind of regret. How is everyone else approaching it ?

schmackers

HSC
N/A
We've still got about half of conics, everything in motion except circular motion and harder 3U to go! our trials start in week 4.

govich

high rolla baby
HSC
only have banked track to go in mechanics..

not like we dont have enough to study already

as for study: did plenty of past trials and hsc papers, and exercises out of our textbook .. takes forever :(

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
:confused:

Just out of curiosity, why do people keep asking this? No offense or anything, i'm just curious. Like, not as if it makes a difference where everyone else is up to. :-\

cj_bridle

HSC
Grey Council said:
:confused:

Just out of curiosity, why do people keep asking this? No offense or anything, i'm just curious. Like, not as if it makes a difference where everyone else is up to. :-\
to my knowledge i didnt know of anyone else asking it?

but i wanted to know because everything in the HSC is relative to other schools.. so having a forum like this is one way of seeing how other people are doing the course and how we compare to everyone else...

on a more personal note, i asked it because we started term 1 with a new teacher and i wanted to make sure we havent fallen behind relative to other classes.

CrashOveride

HSC
Would anyone recommend Jeff Geha's books like 50 HSC exam tips etc.? i need to go out and buy the past paper books etc. My school was selling them for cheap but i thought i could get it cheaper outside of the shcool :( Whats up with the maths association site also,,,its like showing me the directory listing. Im hoping they still sell it cheap solutions there

gman03

HSC
CrashOveride said:
Would anyone recommend Jeff Geha's books like 50 HSC exam tips etc.? i need to go out and buy the past paper books etc. My school was selling them for cheap but i thought i could get it cheaper outside of the shcool :( Whats up with the maths association site also,,,its like showing me the directory listing. Im hoping they still sell it cheap solutions there
Get booklets on last 10 years past papers with solutions instead. My 2 cents.

cj_bridle

HSC
gman03 said:
Get booklets on last 10 years past papers with solutions instead. My 2 cents.
i wanted to get something like this.. but i could only find ones for 3U around book stores?? do u know what these are called so i can refine my search around the place?

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
ahhh, we've got circular motion and the rest of mechanics, then we've got harder 3unit chapter to go.
apparently, we're not going to be finished in time for trials, which are in... 2 weeks :(

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
we've done poly, cn, graphs, integration, resisted motion.
hafta do rest of mechanics, conics, harder 3u, volumes.

we started term 1 too, and I had a new teacher.

So, basically, you shouldn't be panicking. :)
damn, our school was planning on finishing the whole 4u course by trials. Looks doubtful now. Hrm. But I think we finished binomial probability today, last period. So we don't have any more 3u topics. Doing like 17 hours of maths a fortnight, reckon we can do everything else by week 4? :-S We'll see, although I really doubt it

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Seeing that you started 4U in term 1, did you do extra 3U classes at the end of last yr after picking 4U?

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
our 4 u classes were after school so the maths classes in school time was all 3unit, and the one and half hour maths classes after school were 4unit

sammeh

i have only one lesson a week of 4u but class of 2... so we've finished all bar resisted motion. next week we do that, then after that its revision all the way. in my 3u class of about 15, we finished the course week 8 last term, and now i tend to do most of my 4u stuff in the 7 3u periods i have a week ^^

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
we did 2u and 3u last year. no morning classes last year.

beggining of this year, we started having morning classes.
we do all the courses as a class. ie, same 3u and 4u class, not seperate classes.

damn, i'd explain, but i hafta run. :-\ should make sense though. hopefully

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)