Closed Court (1 Viewer)

Dustin_z

HSC
Has anyone ever been into a Closed Court case?

I have, I fronted up to the court house and was allowed into a closed court case. I turned up at the beginning of procedings and the clerk allowed me in to observe. I had to stay really quiet and I am not allowed to mention what happened in the court case.

Its fantastic telling lies and saying you're doing Law at UTS :D when you're just an HSC Legal Studies student.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
They close courts for a reason.

Jonathan A

HSC
Dustin_z said:

I have, I fronted up to the court house and was allowed into a closed court case. I turned up at the beginning of procedings and the clerk allowed me in to observe. I had to stay really quiet and I am not allowed to mention what happened in the court case.

Its fantastic telling lies and saying you're doing Law at UTS :D when you're just an HSC Legal Studies student.

Lucky you. Because if you get caught out, big trouble can occur. Judges have many powers to control their courtroom.

In Camera proceedings generally are a result from children presenting evidence. I have been in a close court whilst I was doing work experience with the DPP.

Dustin_z

HSC
Jonathan A said:
Lucky you. Because if you get caught out, big trouble can occur. Judges have many powers to control their courtroom.

In Camera proceedings generally are a result from children presenting evidence. I have been in a close court whilst I was doing work experience with the DPP.
Oh it was totally allowed. I didn't just walk into the court room, I went to the clerks office and asked if I could watch the district court.

If the Judge cared he would have sent me out, he even looked at me walking in as the clerk directed me to where to sit in the viewing area and even bowed his head to me (and I did the same).

I have not broken any laws as I have not mentioned any of the details of the case.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Jonathan A said:

Yep usually cases invloving children and sometimes sexual assault cases are closed. I did work experience @ legal aid and I got to see the affadavits :) I wish i cld have done work experience at the DPP no fair, I wanna work 4 the DPP in the future

santaslayer

HSC
Dustin_z said:

You could be in a mess if they took the trouble to find out you were lying. Contempt! :p

So anyway, what happened in the case?

Dustin_z

HSC
santaslayer said:
So anyway, what happened in the case?
Now I would be in contempt if I said any of the specifics of the case so ill remain silent.

The only thing ill say is that I sat in the public gallary of a closed court session. As far as the specifics, I won't say because I was especially warned by the clerk.

Jonathan A

HSC
melsc said:
Yep usually cases invloving children and sometimes sexual assault cases are closed. I did work experience @ legal aid and I got to see the affadavits :) I wish i cld have done work experience at the DPP no fair, I wanna work 4 the DPP in the future

Our careers paths are almost identical.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
no wrong turn
ur a culprite of spading 2...

haha spading is a maccas term :p prob y u dont get it

i wasnt meaning spamming btw!

fine! ill tell ya
Spading
see definitions 1 and 2
ignore 3 and 4 i dont think we'll go that far
that was the wrong meaning lol

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
no wrong turn
ur a culprite of spading 2...

haha spading is a maccas term :p prob y u dont get it

i wasnt meaning spamming btw!

fine! ill tell ya
Spading
see definitions 1 and 2
ignore 3 and 4 i dont think we'll go that far
that was the wrong meaning lol
JOE :O ur so mean...I was not flirting u weirdo. Make such assumptions again and you my friend will be a victim of number 4!

goan_crazy

HSC
melsc said:
JOE :O ur so mean...I was not flirting u weirdo. Make such assumptions again and you my friend will be a victim of number 4!
aww melsc, u loved it :)
number 4?
now im lost

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
aww melsc, u loved it :)
number 4?
now im lost
4. spading
(verb)To forcibly remove someone's geitalia/reproductive capabilities by way of a sharpened gardening spade.

Generallly done as an act of revenge, or to procure federal grants for preventing the procreation of stupidity

*evil laugh*

You should know me well enough to know that I don't flirt

Often

goan_crazy

HSC
whenever a thread goes off topic, its usually u flirting kekeke

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)