Clothes & Trends that Men Hate (1 Viewer)

HSC
i think the fact that the men who get these women have the power to choose them in the first place without having to flaunt any of their physical attributes demonstrates the difference between the perceived power of the femme fatale and the power than other women strive for (i.e. on equal footing with men).
They get to 'choose' them? It's the other way around as far as I can tell most of the time... For example, in most party situations a guy can't just choose which of the girls he's going to get with (if any) he has to out compete against the other guys and also impress the girl sufficiently. On the flip-side, pretty much any half-decent girl probably won't have too much trouble getting with any guy.

This is why I think women will do the whole 'oh I like X' to their friends, letting them know that the guy is theirs, whereas guys just don't do it. Girls have to do it because their only real defense against a girl that's willing to give it up to the guy is any power they have over that girl (unless they're willing to blatantly do the same). Guys on the other hand have to compete a lot more on their merits to impress the women.

This is why the focus in society and romantic movies etc is always on men impressing women with their work/skills/talents.

Last edited:

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Though I agree with the general concept (women generally not knowing what men find attractive), I disagree with nearly every specific thing she's said.

SpinCobra

HSC
Uni Grad
Azamakumar said:
Hey to every girl out there reading this post, please continue to cake your face in make up.

I really really fucking love it.
Reminds me of clowns and pies being chucked on peoples faces..

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Azamakumar said:
Hey to every girl out there reading this post, please continue to cake your face in make up.

I really really fucking love it.
I'm not sure why some girls do it. The eye makeup especially. I suppose when you're putting it on, you kinda get a distorted idea of what's enough. Especially in magazines, where "out there" look seems great, but doesn't necessarily work in real life situations.

But I would have to say that girls who put a shitload of foundation on probably have bad skin in the first place. I only ever put foundation/concealer on areas with any random acne breakouts I had. I'm not sure why some girls feel the need to absolutely cover their entire faces. Just imperfections here and there. We have such young skin, we shouldn't have to hide it.

HSC
generic asian look, ie miniskirt/pants, dyed big hair, etc.
yeah, its hot, but its so fucking generic, and makes u look skanky

on the flip side, heeled boots (stiletto esp) are major hotness. also wouldnt mind classy, eg gloves and cigarrette holder, like audrey hepburn in breakfast at tiffany's

kaylz

HSC
"You should look sexy, but also like you could bake great bread."
owwww my braiiiiiin.

HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
tbh

Guys might WANT them to be lured in to become their subservient maid, but if you've got a hot/smart girl she'll be the one making all the deals (at least until her beauty runs out).
Who the fuck wants this kind of bullshit power?

HSC
chelsea girl said:
that is all so horribly mysoginistic. it makes me feel sick with loathing. sam brett has never had anything worthwhile to say. i want to punch that bitch in the mouth, claw her eyeballs out and burn her scalp with scalding hot water.
This is scary. It's as if you can read my mind.

SiN3m

HSC
in the make-up department,
the more make-up you put on, the more you feel the need to conceal. so once all the cake is washed off, you're you so what's the point?

ofcourse some eyeliner and stuff is good, but if you out too much foundation, it just makes your skin worse anyway....

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
chelsea girl said:
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
the list mentioned is pretty much spot on. Plus, women who wear those huge sunglasses bigger than their face.

HSC
'"Even male smokers tell me they hate dating a woman who smokes." Can I hear an amen to that?'

Doesn't this just sound retarded to you? No?

Nereis

HSC
The only reason I don't like preggo dresses is because every-freaking-girl wears one. So much for standing out from the crowd.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Taketheatrain said:
Who the fuck wants this kind of bullshit power?
Er... Who doesn't want a natural advantage?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)