Clothing for this season (1 Viewer)

ilikehats

HSC
Oh god, everything in the shops right now is terrible... and because of studying and such, I've only just noticed that a lot of my clothes are genuinely worn out.
Are ANY stores/brands selling cute things at the moment? I had a look at my local big mall today and everything is grey and unflattering :worried:
CUE seems like it might be ok, but I haven't spotted anything else....

lengy

HSC
Yeah I noticed it too. It's approaching winter and they bring out all these awful dreary colours.

Just cause it's 'the look'. It's boring.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah i'm not a fan of gray just coz it doesnt suit me well. i look way hotter in blues, greens, teal, purple, peach-pink, that sort of thing. and i look shithouse in black and brown. unfortunately though everything seems to be gray and black in winter...ah well i just avoid it where i can. like if they're stocking a cardi in gray, black and, say, bright purple, i'll take the purple and to hell with the 'look'. at least its not bloody gray. oh i do actually like the COLOUR gray, by the way, just not actually on me, wearing it. ew.
try chain stores like jay jays, etc, i was in there the other day and in amongst all the dreary "sophistocated" (pffffft) gray shit there was a lot of cute colourful tops and things.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
:eek: I like some of the cloths on sale now. I need more money

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i wish some of the girls at uni would infuse their dress with some personal style. i was walking behind a group of 5 girls today: ALL wearing sweater dresses (in various shades of grey) with black leggings, white tops underneath and either flats or boots.
I was like "whoa, clones"

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
The_highwayman said:
i wish some of the girls at uni would infuse their dress with some personal style. i was walking behind a group of 5 girls today: ALL wearing sweater dresses (in various shades of grey) with black leggings, white tops underneath and either flats or boots.
I was like "whoa, clones"
omg hahaha i see that all the time. it's times like that i'm glad i never went in for the sweater dress/pinafore trend...at least i wear different colours and i don't look identical to the 7 people next to me, even if i don't exactly look uber-fashionable or dressy at uni (jeans + shirt + chucks/flats in various colours ftw). not to mention that the whole sweater dress, leggings, boots trend is really not that attractive? it kinda shouts 'hobo'? at least the way some girls wear it...

HSC
N/A
I normally look forward to winter... I don't know whether I'm just blinded by last winter, but all the awesome richer colours (red, purple, blue, chocolate brown, jade) tend to come out :D

Skeeta

HSC
I went shopping otday and there is a sad abundance of spew mustard yellow clothing. I dont think it suits ANYONE

plus everytime i see something that colour, I think of vomit. Awesome.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks the same about this winters fashion. I'm desperately trying to find casual warmish clothes that i can just wear to uni but it near impossible without spending alot of money. I'm not really into buying zip up jackets from surf shops or anything like that. Jay Jays have some but the ones that i have seen have like silver stripes on it that I dont like.

I wouldnt even try the pinafore dress thing that is happening... i didnt get into the dress trend in summer because it doesnt suit me ,so i'm not going to in grey carpet dresses

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
FireFlower said:
I actually don't mind the grey stuff thats around. I don't like the way most people wear it, with black tights and other dull colours, but I really like grey when its put with rich/bright colours.
you're right, gray is really nice when you combine it with other colours (COLOUR being the key word there). i think it's because its such a neutral shade. but when you put it with other neutral shades like black and white it just looks blehh. depressing. i think that if one part of your outfit is a dull colour then the rest of it should be more trippy to offset it...none of this drab raincloud-palette that seems to be 'the look'...
omg skeeta mustard yellow??? :( thats so rank, hahahaha.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
The_highwayman said:
it's certainly not suitable for uni. uni clothes should be comfortable. i could only imagine how much these girls were sweating under all those layers condiering it got quite hot outside today. i was hot and was just wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

it was FREEZING cold on thursday and there were still girls strutting around uni in typical sweater dresses/pinafores/carpet dresses (as Katie123 calls them) exposing their arms and legs to the chilling wind.

like...couldn't you feel the goosebumps when you woke up or even when you stepped outside the door??!

cuppy

HSC
N/A
and i'm getting rather tired of seeing those Country Road bags around uni every day. at first i thought they were ok but then the number of people who had them grew exponentially and i've almost been whacked in the face several times on the bus.

i think if it weren't for 'Country Road' printed on the bag hardly anyone would consider using it for uni.

ilikehats

HSC
Maybe we should all just switch to designer and suffer being able to afford about two items of clothing a year... why is it only Australia with dodgy chainstore clothing?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
noir. said:
i know. tights can only be worn with certain things. Seeing tights and a pinafore with flats is getting quite tiring.
yeah. i mean, it was kinda cute when it first came in...although i personally never got into it...but after god knows how long its getting a little old? that look wouldnt offend me so much if, as has been discussed already, there was a bit of colour to it. like, i know i've seen pinafores in colours other than gray. but hardly anyone wears them in any other colour.

on the subject of colour dont be afraid of it people. i mean that sincerely. i saw a girl today wearing lilac tights and bright orange chucks and it looked pretty fabulous and way hotter than the girl in black tights + gray sweater near her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)