Cloudstreet Assessment Approach? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello,

I have been given an essay to have written. This is the topic question:

"There are as many ways of interpreting and valuing a text as there are readers.

Do you agree?

Justify your response through an examination of Cloudstreet and a selection of some of the readings of the text that you have encountered. To what extent do you agree with these readings of Winton's novel?

Ok, Now the question is.....how do you think I should go about answering this question..

I am confused as to whether the question is asking to show as many different readings as possible....or as to show the different readins, support them with critics and then quotes and analysis from the book?

What should I be doing.......How am I going to link up the fact that a few critics have said that there are different readings TO the fact that there are that many readins as there are readers?

Please help, I am also willing to, if other people would like, give some summaries if you are asssistance :)

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i would say that you talk about the different interpretations with critics as well as quotes and analysis... go really in depth about 2-3 and briefly with the others.
as for the reader bit of the question i thought it was just saying that every person interprets the text differently as we come from different context and therefore noone has the same interpretaion of the text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)