cloudstreet readings (1 Viewer)

juber

jhv,m
HSC
N/A
After reading some sample papers from a trial paper cloudstreet question, i am a little confused as to the focus of this question.

do we need to specifically state the different readings like marxist, post colonial etc or is it not necessarily that confined?

Cos atm our teacher has got us to learn one reading in detail and be aware of other readings but like i dont know how specifically we are required to go into these readings. The sample ones i read tended not to go into the "readings" thing as much but provide a more general thing on cloudstreet.

Looking at past hsc questions it also has not seemed to indicate that you necessarily need to look at particular readings but more a general thing about how it can be interpreted in different ways which as i see it could include personal views and maybe ony fragments of a variety of readings..

If anyone can give me a rough idea of what to study in terms of readings and stuff.

Thanks

spurnicious

HSC
Would you please put up a list of those practise questions you were given. The only one I've seen is about fiction's lies providing us with truths.

Thanks!

Imanuel Redding

HSC
The way in which Module B is meant to be tackled has been the focus of many debates. From discussions with teachers and students it seems that specific 'readings' (marxist, feminist et cetera) are not needed.

The focus of the course is YOUR response, YOUR reading of the text; which would no doubt be impacted by a all the critical research you've done on Cloudstreet.

So the schools of reading impact your reading, and it is in that capacity that you need to include readings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)