• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ClOUDStReEt ReSouRCeS?!?!?! (1 Viewer)

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
politik said:
Please dont tYpE LiKe ThIs...
yes it is quite annoying isnt it? dare i ask... are you asian by any chance?

kickmiass

HSC
lol hey vanush, u guyz he is _______ he just aint chinese asian

moxie

HSC
hey guys, anyone want to help me with my english essay? the satement is ; "The strength of Wintons writing lies in his charachter portrayal and his effective use of language. Discuss this statement with close reference to Cloudstreet" thanks!

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
good luck with that absolutely horrible book. I absolutely detested every last word. There are only a couple of articles and reviews written on it, and everyone usually has access to them, anyway.

Alyce2005

HSC
Cloudstreet was a great book - its long, but i think its worth it. If you dont like it, you should incorporate that into your essays ;).

I was wondering how other you guys weave personal context (your own and others) into your essays? Do you refer to the different cultures over time/critical studies/contemporary values ? And does it WORK (ie, do you get good marks for what your doing :p). Thanks!.

Btw Moxie - i would say that essay question has everything you need to write about in it. You'll have to analyse Character Portrayal and Language in Cloudstreet and determine whether Wintons writing is strong/weak as a result of the the two parameters you have been given.

jamiedumas

HSC
this book is utter bullshit, i dont understand it, my teacher has made it to hard to understand and I am screwed for this in the HSC, my best hope is to vomit up study guides in the possibility of getting 14-15/20

HSC
i don't mind cloudstreet right now..It just seems like so much little things to learn when the question can be so specific though :burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)