Club Mac? (1 Viewer)

sillychikki

HSC
Originally posted by Leanne
wats wrong wiv da library????
I agree, Macquarie's library has a nice atmosphere. It was great to study in for my hsc. I went to sydney's library a few times for history extension, and it's scary. For ppl afraid of heights, Macquarie's library is heaps better! Taking the stairs between floors at the top of Fisher Research is not my idea of fun, and for some reason sydney doesnt quite have the atmosphere, perhaps cos its bigger.....

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
yeah syd is nice, except that the grass in the middle is normally fenced off and so you can't sit there, it's only open for orientation, it's pretty though
are you talking about the main quad? cuz if you are, it is open everyday. they don't close it off, lectures and tutes are held in that building. there is no place off limits to usyd, except maybe te pharmacy building because its being revamped!!

Originally posted by sillychikki
I agree, Macquarie's library has a nice atmosphere. It was great to study in for my hsc. I went to sydney's library a few times for history extension, and it's scary. For ppl afraid of heights, Macquarie's library is heaps better! Taking the stairs between floors at the top of Fisher Research is not my idea of fun, and for some reason sydney doesnt quite have the atmosphere, perhaps cos its bigger.....
hahaha.. fisher research is scary... i remember the first time i was there was at like 7pm on a friday night... LOL i don't spend my friday nights studying, i was there cuz i finished at 6.30pm! :p
but the rest of the library is pretty good, level 4 has a nice atmosphere to study in, its not dark and gloomy and has the best city view + victoria park.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
he he i was the opposite i loved fisher library and yet got completely confused when i tried to work in macs library..i could never find anything..argh and i still can't work out how the system works out....usyd nice a simple and i love all teh "extras" tehy have..like teh rare books..meh its just personal preferences

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by jlh
are you talking about the main quad? cuz if you are, it is open everyday. they don't close it off, lectures and tutes are held in that building. there is no place off limits to usyd, except maybe te pharmacy building because its being revamped!!
well i don't know which syd student i was talking to. the main grassy area in the middle, in the middle of the square
Originally posted by Majesty
We have our own lake dammit! :D
where IS the lake? is it near the lighthouse theatre? down the bacK?

*hopeful*

HSC
yeh down the hill, behind where the eating table n chairs r
i cant really remember
hey wats with the animal enclosure area ?

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by shelley
he he i was the opposite i loved fisher library and yet got completely confused when i tried to work in macs library..i could never find anything..argh and i still can't work out how the system works out....usyd nice a simple and i love all teh "extras" tehy have..like teh rare books..meh its just personal preferences
Well the Library of Congress system that Macq library uses is easy to understand. I could teach it to you in less than a minute.

I found UNSW's one harder (as well as their online system). Haven't been to USYD's library. Rare books ay? Hehe, you're so impressed by little things sweetie!

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
wow..and i care about teh library od Congress why? he he, ohh lesson, lessons can be fun do i get rewards ;)?

ha ah impressed not reallly, but it was fun looking at teh books and stuff, especialy the ones with notes from other famous writers..he eh made an interesting break from doing my major works..oh and teh hot chocolate tehre was really yummy..he eh and nice people got me the books i couldn't reach (stupid libraries taht discriminate against short people!)

Leanne

HSC
i no there are emus....who knows wat else roams inside the fence...???

i did some research at the macquarie library- it was fairly easy to use....once i was shown how...and the study rooms are fairly comfortable...

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
well i don't know which syd student i was talking to. the main grassy area in the middle, in the middle of the square
yeah your talking about the main quad!! your allowed in there anytime.

Originally posted by Majesty
We have our own lake dammit! :D
oh i just remembered, we have a lake as well. its in victoria park though :p

Leanne

HSC
well we had our own lake at my school.....and ducks! and cods....so i'm over the whole lake thing...it was also extremely polluted,,...

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
ha ah my fav tree's near that lake..ha ha i love victoria park..my school had its own Creek..can't say i ever went near it, but it was there..i spent most of my time over at teh shops or on teh tennis courts..he he

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by jlh
yeah your talking about the main quad!! your allowed in there anytime.
well that's nice of them, it's pretty in there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)