Clubs and Social Life in UWS? (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
All I care about is...is there a unibar of sorts of Bankstown Campus? If not, do you guys still have a good drinking culture? Local Pubs? I've heard there are a fair few kids who don't mind a good smoke here and there, is this true? I'm tossing up between UTS and UWS atm, and the social life is whats gonna be the decider. I want a good Uni, but I want to enjoy myself over the next four years too!!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
It's more for the social life and travelling. I live in Hurtville, so Bankstown is so much easier. People at UWS seem to be more laid back and easy going as opposed to UTS. I know it sounds strange, but I get along with people from Western Sydney better than I ever have with those from the northern suburbs. I am going to do Nursing, and am an enrolled nurse at present, so the quality of the Uni isn't so much of an issue - I rely I the hospital I work at for education and support - the uni I attend will just let me practice at an RN rather than an EN, so the quality of the other students, the social life etc - thats my main concern at the moment. Kuring-Gai is just too far to travel, and I'm not sure I'd fit into the city campus....but I'm going to both open days, just to see ;)

G

Gavvvvvin

The reason I transferred from UNSW to UWS is because of the social life. I just couldn't stand being at UNSW because 99% of the people are either north shore snobs, geeks, Asian, or a horrible combination of the 3 and I cant imagine UTS being much different. But yeah everyone at UWS is pretty cool and easy to get along with and I would defiantly choose UWS over one of the more popular unis.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
The reason I transferred from UNSW to UWS is because of the social life. I just couldn't stand being at UNSW because 99% of the people are either north shore snobs, geeks, Asian, or a horrible combination of the 3 and I cant imagine UTS being much different. But yeah everyone at UWS is pretty cool and easy to get along with and I would defiantly choose UWS over one of the more popular unis.
thats pretty much why im leaning towards UWS...I think i'd fit in there more so than I would at UTS

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
mm fair enough, if you were thinking in terms of having some social life then uws is prob a bit better, though im not really sure whats around bankstown to do.

too bad people are seemingly more snobby around the sydney unis...cause there is heaps of clubs/pubs around there and stuff to go to.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
White Rabbit said:
All I care about is...is there a unibar of sorts of Bankstown Campus? If not, do you guys still have a good drinking culture? Local Pubs? I've heard there are a fair few kids who don't mind a good smoke here and there, is this true? I'm tossing up between UTS and UWS atm, and the social life is whats gonna be the decider. I want a good Uni, but I want to enjoy myself over the next four years too!!
yeah i'm a bit like that too, only i'm tossing up between UWS and USYD, personally i wouldn't go to UTS it seems so urgh. anyway i love the atmosphere at USYD its fantastic and its easier to access and its far away from my house so i have an excuse to do stuff without my bloody parents finding out. even though i live out west i don't really want to go to UWS because its mostly accessible by car and 3/4 of my school is considering going there so it'll just be...well, school all over again and i don't want that.
though arguably the course i want to do is the same as the one at USYD the only difference is that the UAI is a little lower seeing as my estimated UAI is 95-96 and the UAI i need for USYD is 98.1 -.- (based on last year of course)
still sucks.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
ahen said:
yeah i'm a bit like that too, only i'm tossing up between UWS and USYD, personally i wouldn't go to UTS it seems so urgh. anyway i love the atmosphere at USYD its fantastic and its easier to access and its far away from my house so i have an excuse to do stuff without my bloody parents finding out. even though i live out west i don't really want to go to UWS because its mostly accessible by car and 3/4 of my school is considering going there so it'll just be...well, school all over again and i don't want that.
though arguably the course i want to do is the same as the one at USYD the only difference is that the UAI is a little lower seeing as my estimated UAI is 95-96 and the UAI i need for USYD is 98.1 -.- (based on last year of course)
still sucks.
yeah i agree.

i`d prefer USYD over UTS , but then again , UTS doesnt have any courses i`m looking for lol.

UWS doesn`t have anything I want either ><" ; and i agree with the point you made about "school all over again" , cos both our schools are in the south western region.

g_dob

HSC
There is actually a club which most UWS students are members of (almost everyone I know)- it requires no admission and it is more of a 'state of mind'- the "UWS Students Wishing to Transfer Club (UWSSWTC)".
Upon your arrival, you will almost certainly join. Thats the UWS Guarantee!

;)

menemene

HSC
i smell some racism here

timmy_b

HSC
N/A
please tell me theres sport clubs? especially soccer ..

does each campus have its own clubs or just the one UWS club at one particular campus?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)