• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Clueless about King Lear Essay, help! (1 Viewer)

Fletch

HSC
Hey guys, I have an english assesment and I dont know how to start it nor what to write about: here is the question.

----------------------------

In an exposition of 1250-1500 words you are to:

- Select a scene from the play
- Identify two readings you wish to represent
- Show how the scene would be performed so as to reflect each of these readings. Make reference to both the language and production techniques that would be used to represent these values.

-----------------------------

We are studying a liberal/humanist reading (Brooks movie, I think)
And then we are gonna study the Existentialist one, dont know which reading

But what do I have to say about the readings, and is our King Lear book a reading or just the text straight from Shakespeare?

Soooo confused

sly fly

HSC
This is probly too late but anyway......uve got like the exact same assessment as me lol!!! No ur king lear book is not a reading. A reading refers to an interpretation ie. feminist, marxist etc. To start it, i guess first u have to choose 2 interpretations (or reading, whatever u wanna call it) And then choose a scene eg: the first scene. Then u would need to apply each interpretation to the scene. EG: ''in a feminist interpretation, Gonerill and Regan are not perceiveed as cunningly vicious liars. They are merely playing the game and conforming to what society expects of them'' etc etc

cholly

Somebody's Left Shoe
HSC
i think thats must be the generak thing going around at the moment ive got it too and im screwed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)