Cnnnn (abc Tv) (1 Viewer)

sixfingers

I like the adventures of Rita and Lin.
And I confess to taping CNNN because of my inability to do more than one simple thing at once - and the headlines do move pretty fast.

Could we post our favourite headlines? Mines "Nice geek successfully converts friendship into relationship"

And did anyone see that show last week/week before and it had the muppet characters doing all these comedy skits, but it wasn't the muppets. There was one where oprah was like this dicatator who worked her phone interviewers like a sweat shop. And this basketball guy talking about eating babies. Does anyone know what it was/when it is on again? I need to laugh!!!

ps I'm fungry

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
I think the stuff in the scroll bars are a lot of collective donations from lots of people on the web...

The boy meets girl series, that goes in a series of three words, and ends with "you've just missed a great sight gag"

There's so much meat in the tilt burger...

laney

HSC
my fave quote is this

"Simpson's quote not funny when repeated by nerd'

MUAHHHA

Those boys also went to sydney grammar *nods*.....useless info for ya *G*

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
the funniest one was the one about the kids taking drugs, i cant remember the exact quotes but the implication was that every brain they had taken out of a kids head, that kid had died or something.. ne1 remember that ep?

"99% of teenagers take drugs every day" or something.

ellipsis

HSC
" Israeli negotiator fails to get point across to Palestinians using phrase 'NOT HAPPY JAN"

" PM going for cooler image: calls himself J-Ho" :rofl:

"CBS announces Iraq will host series 5 of the hit show Survivor"

"ABC show gets high rating and therefore is cancelled." - and Backberner is gone !!:mad1:

you can get them to send you free SMS newsbar messages.
I love CNNNN !

im jess

its finished for now :(:(:(:(:(

but i think the funniest episode was the one where thy were trying to give the lunch to the guy that had left it at home.... hahaha

and also, the bit where they had that life size paper clip help thing from word.... and he went around to people on the steet asking if they needed help... hehehehe "it looks like your trying to buy a ticket.... do you need some help...it looks like your trying to buy a ticket.... do you need some help...it looks like your trying to buy a ticket.... do you need some help..."

oh and also... gotta love dumb americans... hehehe

B

Bambul

Backberner

Yeah, I'm really sad to see Backberner go. I was in the studio audience for the last episode (it was packed, overflowing, so much so I don't know how many occupational health and safety laws they didn't break).

I managed to get Peter Berner to sign a photo of himself though, it's now up on my wall.

Backberner was my favorite show and I've been watching it right from when it started almost religiosly. I absolutely loved Dexter Pinion, and it was quite scary when I found out that I was agreeing with a lot of what he was saying! :eek:

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
arrr 'tis goneeeee... (both cnnnn and backberner... but mebbe cnnnn will be back :))... yeh i agree backberner was choice, regrettebly not a regular viewer... not much i can do about it now thiugh :( and i never got to go in the audience... i did for the glasshouse though, man they cut so much out of that, each episode goes for over an hour, we were there for 3-4 hours for 2 epsidodes...

B

Bambul

True, they always cut out the best bits. I remember going to the last episode of Good News Week (call me a last episode junkie) and it lasted for some 4 1/2 hours. But on TV it was 2 hours, including commercials so drop it down to 1 1/2 or so.

I tried to go to the Glass House but I kept forgetting to call, and by the time I got through and someone who knew what they were doing picked up they were all booked out and the my exams were comming up so I couldn't go. Maybe I'll go at the end of this month or next month.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Been to both Backberner and Glasshouse audiences....best experiences. At least the Glasshouse is coming back tho!!! I can't believe they got rid of backberner, but it may have also had something to do with berner having a radio show. When I went i asked about who wrote the material and I was told that Peter used to write most of it, but he lacks the time now, and just "okays" it or adds bits. I'm still devastated its finished.

Am also fairly obsessed with cnnnn - spend way too much time dissecting the show and its fabulous newsbars on fridays with my friend. I think it may become the new national past-time to create new newsbars (yes....i too have posted on their website).

So yes - brilliant ABC - absolutely brilliant satire....lets hope some of it comes back (but yay - glasshouse has been resigned, they announced it at their last episode last week - which i was also at).

Last edited:
B

Bambul

Are you telling me that The Glasshouse has also been axed? Whats next, Brian Henderson? Hang on, what this...<looks at ninemsn>...oh good lord no!! :eek:

timmii

sporadic attendee
Glasshouse has not been axed.

No1 was really sure what was happening, at previous tapings they had said stuff like "tell ur friends to watch so we'll be picked up for another season", but at the taping of the last shows they confirmed they were picked up again for next year. Yay! :)

That means you'll have an opportunity to go and watch it being taped next year- definitely worthwhile! :)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Just wan't to add my praise for CNNNN, The Glass House and BackBerner.

Got to love the ABC comedy shows ....

(I also love the "friday crime night" shows on the ABC, but that's a different issue ...)

Dan_the_man

yeah Friday night crime goes off... Dalziel and Pascoe was the best.... I love Backberner and CNNNN but for some reason don't really like the glass house... I think mainly cos of Corin Grant
Still the best show on ABC was *****Father Ted****** that show was awesome... Irish shows like Black Books and My Hero are sick too

edge

yeah all the people do/have go to usyd, if you can get a copy, the current edition of usyd's "union recorder" has a great article on the chaser's beginnings and stuff. they have all been editors or board directors or stuff. the girl, anna skellern, used to go to loreto and is now the vice president of the usyd union.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Who keeps reviving such old threads in all these forums?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)