CNO Cycle (1 Viewer)

Anonymous54321

HSC
Do we need to memorise the entire reaction such as isotope numbers and gamma ray/neutrino/positron emissions?

StudyOnly

HSC
No idea would like to know as well. But just try memorise how it works (some steps are pretty similar) and since we get the periodic table it shouldn't be too hard to reproduce. It will take some time to memorise though (at least for me it did).

Arrowshaft

HSC
I would assume no, just know the net nuclear reactions and the role of the catalysts and their transmutations. Otherwise that would be a lot to memorise haha!

Hscbuzman

HSC
Wont be asked cos they r in the sample questions

Arrowshaft

HSC
Wont be asked cos they r in the sample questions
Actually from experience from the chemistry exam, they actually had really similar questions to the sample questions, especially last part of MCQ! Also I only believe that principle mainly applies to maths exams, for sciences I noted that the examiners usually have a “favourite” topic that they like to assess for each module. Might be different for new syllabus though 🤷‍♂️

Hscbuzman

HSC
Actually from experience from the chemistry exam, they actually had really similar questions to the sample questions, especially last part of MCQ! Also I only believe that principle mainly applies to maths exams, for sciences I noted that the examiners usually have a “favourite” topic that they like to assess for each module. Might be different for new syllabus though 🤷‍♂️
How similar?

Arrowshaft

HSC
How similar?
some of the equilibrium calculations were pretty basic and as usual, and I personally felt the last MCQ involving AAS was similar to the sample question asking to determine iron concentration.

Anonymous54321

HSC
I decided to learn the cycle anyway just then, it isn't as hard as I thought. Just know 12C-->13N-->13C-->14N-->15O-->15N then repeat.

Whenever there is a change in nucleon number, hydrogen has collided and produced a gamma ray.

Whenever there is isotope decay of proton to neutron, positron and neutrino are released.

4He is released from 15N-->12C when colliding with hydrogen

Arrowshaft

HSC
I decided to learn the cycle anyway just then, it isn't as hard as I thought. Just know 12C-->13N-->13C-->14N-->15O-->15N then repeat.

Whenever there is a change in nucleon number, hydrogen has collided and produced a gamma ray.

Whenever there is isotope decay of proton to neutron, positron and neutrino are released.

4He is released from 15N-->12C when colliding with hydrogen
Yep, the transmutations of the Carbon 12 also returns back to carbon 12, thus the intermediates serve as catalysts in the reaction

Jig

HSC
Any ideas on what their 'favourite' topics are?

Arrowshaft

HSC
Any ideas on what their 'favourite' topics are?
EM induction q’s with graphs, once in a while the induction question on the spinning discs. Many trials also seemed to favour Maxwell’s prediction and unification of light and its velocity. They also have the typical spesh relo q’s which are just a plug and chug

akkjen

HSC
N/A
EM induction q’s with graphs, once in a while the induction question on the spinning discs. Many trials also seemed to favour Maxwell’s prediction and unification of light and its velocity. They also have the typical spesh relo q’s which are just a plug and chug
what is this, seriously I haven't heard about it

Arrowshaft

HSC
Unification of light, I’m brain ded from chemistry haha 😂

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)