co-dominance/incomplete dominance----ist one is out of the syllabus (1 Viewer)

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
co-dominance is out of the syllabus ....as so my teacher says and i also checked the syllabus.....correct me if i'm wrong.

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
codominance is in the syllabus:

describe the inheritance of sex-linked
genes, and alleles that exhibit
co-dominance and explain why these
do not produce simple Mendelian
ratios

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
in completely dominant is not in- i believe it was in the old one

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
in completely dominant is not in- i believe it was in the old one
it was in the old one but it is best to know both so as the be able to link them together when talking about codominance
becuase in a way they are the same thing
except co dominance is two dominant genes showing mixed phenotypes (snapdragons)
and incomplete dominance is two reccessive genes showing a mixed phenotype (ruons)
or is the other way around...meh
(in a nutshell)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
well we got taught both...
cause codominance is when the appearance of BOTH alleles occur in the offspring for example roan in cattle which is when their hair is both white and red giving a roan "appearance"... it is not ACTUALLY roan...

while incomplete dominance is when the phenotype blends and the colours mix for example R and W making pink... and they are actually pink rather than a mix of the two making a pink appearance

shit sorry i dont know if that made any sense

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
well we got taught both...
cause codominance is when the appearance of BOTH alleles occur in the offspring for example roan in cattle which is when their hair is both white and red giving a roan "appearance"... it is not ACTUALLY roan...
Yep I was taught that as well... how each phenotype is present, in it's distinct form (no mixing).
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
while incomplete dominance is when the phenotype blends and the colours mix for example R and W making pink... and they are actually pink rather than a mix of the two making a pink appearance
Yep... that's also dealt with in the Genetics option, where Polygenic Inheritance is a form of incomplete dominance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)