co-op program (1 Viewer)

luk3tm

HSC
N/A
Hi guys I've been thinking about applying to the co-op scholarship program for engineering but just wanna know a few things about it first.

I've heard that it involves work on the holidays with companies to get industrial experience. This is great but I just wanna know weather or not you still get time for yourself to things like travel and stuff on your holidays - is it the whole summer break or just a few weeks? Are you still able to have a life with this program? Also, if i was planning to, at some point in my uni life at UNSW, to choose to take the course overseas for like 3-6 months (as i've heard this is possible) would this be okay?

Thanks and I appreciate your help :).

LordPc

HSC
the first 2 industrial placements for engineers are at the end of first year, dec-feb, and at the end of second year, dec-feb too. so its not just a few weeks.

they do allow you to go to attend foreign university during your studies if you wish

luk3tm

HSC
N/A
okay so its only the months between dec and febuary? so basically a co-op scholar would be working full time during these months but not during the rest of the year?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
okay so its only the months between dec and febuary? so basically a co-op scholar would be working full time during these months but not during the rest of the year?
your IT placements varies amongst each engineering program. You do get time to yourself just not as much as the others.

luk3tm

HSC
N/A
okay thanks a lot, seems like i'll have a go then and see how I find it if its too much then could always drop. btw, if i don't manage to get in is there any chance u can re-apply after the 1st year of uni? if so wat grades do u need for this?

btw im planning on applying for mechanical engineering if that helps answer the q.

Last edited:

LordPc

HSC
you cant exactly re apply, but if someone in the co-op program does leave for whatever reason, someone will replace them. marks? very good ones, top end of the cohort to be exact

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)