Co-Op (1 Viewer)

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Hey, just enquiring.

Does anyone know what they expect of a Co-op scholarship student? Is it just maintaing a satisfactory IT and academic result?

Idyll

HSC
if you got into the co-op program for this year, you should be able to view the scholar's agreement and various other documents on the My application online thingy. that outlines the academic requirements.

basically you have to perform satisfactorily on IT and your academic results must be at least a credit (i think). for some areas though, they'd probably be fairly keen on you achieving higher results than that.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
yeah, if u r on boredline credit you get a warning. and if ur wam<CR then u gotta pay all the scholarship money back to the sponsors HAHAHAHAHA :p

Last edited:

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Credit isn't too hard...right?...RIGHT?

Ahhh..crap. EEK! :eek:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
What type of extra-curricular duties and responsibilities do you have?

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Responsiblities? I don't have any responsibilities as such. Hell, I'm not even enrolled yet. Just got a scholarship for next tyear, thats all.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
I know a co-op friend who has to work at american express (9-5) due to co-op requirements. Because of this sort of work hour, he has to attend night courses on this sem (he's second year). I think other co-op students are on similar situation as his.

This is for BIT co-op though, I have no idea what it's like with other coops.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
I think Co-op just has periods of Industrial Training for various sponsor companies.

What I am asking in this post is whether Co-op scholar are expected to undertake activities/responsibilites, other than the ones mentioned in the co-op website, and the ones in which we would wish to participate in.

fitz33

HSC
Curry said:
I think Co-op just has periods of Industrial Training for various sponsor companies.

What I am asking in this post is whether Co-op scholar are expected to undertake activities/responsibilites, other than the ones mentioned in the co-op website, and the ones in which we would wish to participate in.

for about 2 things a year they'll ask for volunteers to do something
but you can just say no anyways :p

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
Hi guys,

I'm a Co-op in accounting going into second year. There are no extracurricular responsibilities as such, you can pretty much get out of going to the couple of functions that take place. Its true that many employers ask 9-5 hours of you, but usually one afternoon you clock of at 4. Given the fact that the academic + IT workload is less than that of a cadet, they expect minimum credits from us. Thats it. Not too hard and alot easier than many other people have it.

jang

is not my real name
HSC
so who actually got co-op scholarship?
isnt it fuckn crazyhard to get?

also, what other scholarships are offered at unsw?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
jang said:
so who actually got co-op scholarship?
isnt it fuckn crazyhard to get?

also, what other scholarships are offered at unsw?
i think it depends on wat subject.. cos competition defers ... lik i notice most ppl get the 97-100 range..
its pretti good especially if u want to be in that field..but if u despise commerce.. lik as cool as a co-op in actuary sound.. its lik goin to piss u off..

umm check their website.. all unis love having a site just for their scholarships..

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Haha. Sorry? Considering last year, like 15 people got one for actuarial studies, I would say more than 6 also got it for actuarial studies this year.

Speaking solely of engineering degrees? Take a look at electrical and chemical engineering - I'll bet more than 6 people got scholarships for each of those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)