'coach'/tutor - useful? (1 Viewer)

b-anna

HSC
N/A
my parents have this idea, basically that we'll get someone to help me out over the next couple of years - strategies for doing better (getting a higher uai). it wouldn't be like a tutor, in that they're giving me subject knowledge, but probably more general stuff and tips/tricks that they know but i don't, based on where i am - so they'd prob look over my work, and if there's any deficiences, then i might get a tutor.

mainly, this would be happening because i don't go to a great school academically (ok its pretty hopeless) but i want to do really well (usyd law) and i'd rather not move - i was at a selective school for awhile and didn't like it etc.etc.

b-anna

HSC
N/A
i'm not struggling at all - i'll be ranked one or maybe two in all my classes, and i'm accelerating. i'm performing pretty well. but, it's just that we think that people in private schools (i am, but not a great one) are getting this kind of stuff, support etc, and they're the people i'll be competing against. just giving me as good a chance as i can.

yes i agree that it would only be useful to a certain extent - but my problem is, i don't know what wisdom (lol) they could impart, so i'm asking if anyone knows/has an opinion on whether it would be good.

D.L.S Boy

HSC
i was doing ok in school but with my tutor i am doing much better gettin in high 80'S before mid 70's ( My tutor is a great teacher he takes it slow to make shore tht u get wat he is sayin)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)