• Group: $40hr or more

Votes: 78 7.6%
  • Group: Other (pelase post below)

Votes: 7 0.7%

• Total voters

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Well fuck them. The tutors actually need to focus more on the hardworking students rather than those lazy fuckwits who waste other people's time. Infact they should give more money to the tutors to compenste for wasting their time
Chill it's Christmas

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

meDAawesome

HSC
My tutor if a first year med student who graduated from my school first in every subject and got 99.90

He charges $45/hour am I getting ripped off?

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
My tutor if a first year med student who graduated from my school first in every subject and got 99.90

He charges $45/hour am I getting ripped off?
Does he teach well?
It doesn't matter what his credentials are if he can not teach

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Does he teach well?
It doesn't matter what his credentials are if he can not teach

Yeah that's actually more important than how smart he is. Most first year uni students tend to be quite bad at teaching. I would recommend a private tutor who is experienced and has worked at actual tutoring places (and has been trained)

Sparky-Spark

HSC
N/A
I have paid up to $67 for 45 minutes for my son. I know it seems ridiculously expensive, but if it helps him have a successful future then it's worth it. If the tutor is highly trained but is also a good communicator and can teach to others, I am more than happy to pay a bit extra.

portia1605

HSC
i charge 40 for years 10 and below and 50 for year 11 and 12. not to be a snob, but that's what people in my area charge and what parents are willing to pay, and also I did pretty well in HSC internals (externals not released yet) so people are again willing. i think around 30 or 40 is good, because you have to prepare a lot outside of session time whereas if you work retail or a cafe u dont have that requirement. also, students often send essays and work to look at out of tutoring time that isnt charged so

MattyA

HSC
Private tutor all the way - I used Alchemy Tuition for my HSC and my tutor was amazing. $60 I think per hour

thatnormster

HSC
fuck me silly, i thought $60 was the standard rate for good private english tutors. have i been ripped off or something? lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)