coherent degrees (1 Viewer)

somborac

HSC
Hi all.

I am looking to transfer from my current degree into let say B Commerce, however i want to do a double degree and only one with B Commerce is LLB. So the other day somebody mentioned a coherent degree to me and that about it. Can anyone please tell me some more information onm this. I was gonna go to students enquiry center yusterday but they were closed. So can i do a coherent degree with B Commerce? If so is it effected by GPA points? etc etc.

Thanks for your help.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Coherent? Or Concurrent?

Concurrent is where you do two courses at the same time, but that is subject to approval on a per-case scenario, if you were planning to do something like this, you'd have to prove you are capable of the marks, and that doing two courses was not detrimental.

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
Coherent? Or Concurrent?

Concurrent is where you do two courses at the same time, but that is subject to approval on a per-case scenario, if you were planning to do something like this, you'd have to prove you are capable of the marks, and that doing two courses was not detrimental.
Wouldn't Bxx / LLB be a combined degree?

Considering you can't pick up law by itself (appart from the external study), it can't be a concurrent degree...

I love all the 'c' words -- credit point, credit, conceded pass, combined, coherent, concurrent...

somborac

HSC
yehy Bxx/LLb is a combined degree, but since law isnt my first option ill try to look for other double/combined degree alternatives, and if there are non ill porb pick up LLB. so for people who done LLB how did you find it? i am pretty busy with trainings and that and am thinking id it needs lot of attention weather i should do it? and with cocurrent degrees so u need distinctions and that to apply? and will it take double the time to do it, or same time as if u were doing one degree?

cheers.

X

xeuyrawp

i am pretty busy with trainings and that and am thinking id it needs lot of attention weather i should do it?
Yikes. Uni does need a lot of work, regardless of the degree...

and with cocurrent degrees so u need distinctions and that to apply?
You're talking about Law? Bxx/LLB isn't a concurrent degree, it's a combined degree.

But yes, with your UAI, you would need distinctions to be confident of entrance.

and will it take double the time to do it, or same time as if u were doing one degree?
It depends how you structure it, however, if you did BCommerce for a year, then transfered to the BCom / LLB degree, you'd be looking at 5 - 5.5 years. I'm not sure about the exacts of Commerce (with its many cores, electives, and coherents)...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
No no, she wants to do something else with a B Comm, since the only combined degree is the B Comm LLB which she doesnt want to do :)

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i have been looking into doing a concurrent degree myself. go to this site and scroll roughly half way down and on the left there is a link to a pdf file about concurrent degrees

http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/Undergrad/index.htm

i don't know if that's what you wanted, but something is better than nothing right???

from what i gather you can combine most other courses to your degree, however if the second degree you want to do isn't one that you can internally transfer into, you have to apply thru UAC

NB: this could be wrong

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
No no, she wants to do something else with a B Comm, since the only combined degree is the B Comm LLB which she doesnt want to do :)
I know... The only other option is doing some random concurrent degree.

somborac said:
ill try to look for other double/combined degree alternatives, and if there are non ill porb pick up LLB
But still. What else do you want to do, somborac? What else are you interested in? You could do a BA or a BEc at the same time. There are a lot of other business units, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)