Colerigde - How many poems? (1 Viewer)

Katie_swtmint

HSC
@ my school, we had 2 Coleridge poems, stimulus booklet, a picture book and a film....it was pretty easy to remember in the essay in the trials

did you have to relate all the texts with the concepts...?

Katie_swtmint

HSC
@ my school, we had 2 Coleridge poems, stimulus booklet, a picture book and a film....it was pretty easy to remember in the essay in the trials

did you have to relate all the texts with the concepts...?

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
again, my teacher recommended two coleridge and one backup, just in case. then again, we only got 75% through on our syllabus so we didn't get to do rime in class, we had to learn it ourselves. i think, in the end, if you can relate 3 texts to the question in the given time, then go for it. if you think you only need to do two texts, obviously a bit more thoroughly, then go for it. one i wouldn't recommend, mainly because having something to back you up is always a good thing. it shows effort and planning.

Don Mackey

Doing two poems is not a suggestion in this case it is a necessity for coleridge. In the exam they will ask for your prescribed text and Coleridge is supposed to be TWO I even they think they say on the exam that you have to do two if its Coleridge. Try Lime Tree Bower and Frost at Midnight they complementary to each other. The best stimulus booklet text is the Atwood poem and then have one extra supplementary. This paper is for Standard as well as advanced so they arent gonna ask for millions of texts in depth.
Good luck

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Um.. I'm only doing one.

But like i can write 4 pages on it? Is that good enough?

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
don't do one, you're disadvantaging yourself unecessarily. do two, its better and youll get marks for interrelating them together. i do that, it helps ALOT.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
But i got 14/15 for my trials dammitt....

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
yeah, but that's your trial. marked by your teacher who knows your ability. this is the real deal. this person has no idea about your ability nor do they care how you went in your trial. they want to see how well you can explain the journey from these texts (coleridge), and relate them to others, including other coleridge poems.

rusty_rouge

HSC
Hey danielle, it's katie here.
Im only doing kubla khan, but i might read up on my 'frost at midnight' notes just in case they specify two poems.

Good luck. I think I might email miss...

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I'm going to put this to a definitive end:

From the Markers' Comments in 2004:

Although the majority of candidates selected two poems for discussion, the length and complexity of the poems saw a number of candidates who discussed one poem access the A range.
The end.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
PanasonicYouth said:
can the specifically ask for one poem to talk about?
no. not in a million years... not unless they change the rules anytime soon.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
PanasonicYouth said:
can the specifically ask for one poem to talk about?
I just rang the advice line and asked that exact question, and the woman told me that they can most definitely specify 1 or even 2 poems...

Is she wrong?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
There are several set texts for imaginative journeys, not just coleridge.

However, there is only ONE question for imaginative journeys, and it will say "with reference to YOUR SET TEXT..."

Hence it is not possible for them to say which Coleridge poems. Perhaps she thought you meant the stimulus booklet.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Well that's what I thought about it just saying "your set text".

I was very clear that I was talking about Coleridge, and she didn't assume I was talking about the Stimulus booklet, because I asked her about that after Coleridge and she told me it was highly unlikely for a Stimulus text to be specified.

I think she just didn't know.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
id be forced to agree with captain ghey. she must of thought you meant stimulus booklet..
though if they ask me to specifically talk about one text in that, i'm screwed. they usually say set text for imaginative journeys and then say something along the lines of "using x amount of texts from the stimulus booklet" blah blah blah, don't they?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)