Coles Myer Employment Process (1 Viewer)

Undertoad

HSC
Could someone please tell me what the process is before you are employed by Coles Myer?

eg. fill out application, do online test, etc.

Thnx in advance

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Online application > online quiz > group interview > single interview (in store) > employment

Look up any one of the other gazillion CML threads in here for more info.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
After the group interview (if you're successful), before they put you into the "talent pool"

Undertoad

HSC
They are checking my references but I havent been to a group interview. Does that mean i don't have to go? :)

minnie3

HSC
the process can take anywhere from 3 weeks to a year so be prepared 2 wait it out. even if ur successful at the group interview, it can take months for them to 'job match' u and then for the place (eg. myer) to actually select you out of the hundreds of 'successful applicants' to go for an interview.
i would be looking elsewhere for a job at the same time as applying to colesmyer, especially if u need money quickly.

HSC
having the group interview can depend on what Coles Myer brands you apply for.
coz i never had one :)...just the 1-on-1 interview with the manager.

vg_woz_here

HSC
i never did a group interview..just had a 1 on 1 interview with the coles store manager..and yeh...

buzzcut89

HSC
Well....you fill out the online application.

Maybe if your lucky 2 months later they will send you out an online test which you have 48hrs only to complete.

Then, you will go to a group interview. No matter how well you do, unless you wear a skimpy outffit, act ditzy and flirt with the interviewers then you probably wont be successful.

Once you fail that, they will tell you that you can't apply for another year, but then a week later send out an email asking you to apply again.

Then your app might be forwarded on to the store manager (or in my case, you will probably end up talking to the fresh produce manager and only realise this when her photo is in a brochure weeks later) of your local store, who will stuff you around a lot. He/She will tell you have a job, but then take it back after a couple of weeks of telling you the same thing and blaming it on the recruitment centre.

They will then tell you to apply for other jobs, and that when they get busy in Easter, they might call you back.

I love Coles Myer.:)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
buzzcut89 said:
Well....you fill out the online application.

Maybe if your lucky 2 months later they will send you out an online test which you have 48hrs only to complete.

Then, you will go to a group interview. No matter how well you do, unless you wear a skimpy outffit, act ditzy and flirt with the interviewers then you probably wont be successful.

Once you fail that, they will tell you that you can't apply for another year, but then a week later send out an email asking you to apply again.

Then your app might be forwarded on to the store manager (or in my case, you will probably end up talking to the fresh produce manager and only realise this when her photo is in a brochure weeks later) of your local store, who will stuff you around a lot. He/She will tell you have a job, but then take it back after a couple of weeks of telling you the same thing and blaming it on the recruitment centre.

They will then tell you to apply for other jobs, and that when they get busy in Easter, they might call you back.

I love Coles Myer.:)

hyperbole much?

seriously you sound so bitter. the whole process took me approx. 3 weeks, and i went through every single stage.

edit:just to clarify, it sucks that that happened to you but i don't think it's fair to try and put others off cos of it when it's definitely not always the case. now, if you want to put them off cos it's a shitty job that's another thing. :p

note to anyone applying for coles/bilo: try your hardest to get put in dairy, fresh produce or meat. involves the least customer interaction.

Last edited:

buzzcut89

HSC
^I am bitter after the Coles Myer experience....

I'm not trying to put anyone off anything, but people who are new to the recruitment process should know what might happen. I mean honestly, there would be more people who would have been screwed around like me compared to your 3 weeks it took you...and from what other people have posted here it seems that about 10% actually get a job quickly with ColesMyer, and the other 90% don't.

And odds are that people won't get screwed around like me, but at least they should know what the process *can* be like. And no hyperbole in there....well none on purpose.

Anyway....

Collin

HSC
N/A
The whole process took 2 months for me. The 'silence' usually happens between the group interview and the manager interview, where they try to fill you into a vacancy, if available.

shellsbells15

HSC
Don't Work At Target!! Do Not Even Apply To Work There!! Its Seriosuly Not Worth It!!

Collin

HSC
N/A
shellsbells15 said:
Don't Work At Target!! Do Not Even Apply To Work There!! Its Seriosuly Not Worth It!!
An assertion doesn't mean much unless you can justify it.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Ok I got my first job through the colesmyer recruitment process, the first time it took about 6 months all up.

I have been to another group interview since then and was stuffed around so much that I would not recommend colesmyer to anyone who wants a job in the next 6 months.

I have experienced them losing my application from the group interview, failing to send my online quiz results (or even acknowledge that I did it), calling me for an interview for a position for which I didn't even apply and the absolute icing on the cake..........went for an interview at a Myer store, got on fabulously with the manager during the interview, and told me she'd call me to give me hours as soon as she'd done the paper work. I was more than qualified. I got a call 2 weeks later from another manager at the store asking me to come in for my interview.....I told her I already had and she was like 'oh, ok, I don't seem to have a record of that, ok, I'll try and sort it out, thanks' and a few days later get an email telling me I am unsuccessful.........BECAUSE THEY LOST MY RECORD FROM THE INTERVIEW!

I gave it to the colesmyer recruitment officer and told them that they could stick it somewhere unpleasant.

*Minka*

HSC
The way they jerk you around during the application process is just a taste of the way they will jerk you around if you are unlucky enough to be employed by them.

Collin

HSC
N/A
*Minka* said:
The way they jerk you around during the application process is just a taste of the way they will jerk you around if you are unlucky enough to be employed by them.
I've never been jerked around during my employment with Coles Myer Ltd.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Wait till you're there for a little longer, I used to love my job, but then the *fun* began....

*Minka*

HSC
MiuMiu said:
Wait till you're there for a little longer, I used to love my job, but then the *fun* began....
Mmmhmmm. At first, it was an awesome job with nice people and I enjoyed it. And then it turned into Hell.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I've been there for nearly 14 months now. It just gets better.

You might be referring to the dynamic environment within these types of large retail brands, where the managers of various senior management positions move on rather quickly, which of course affects you. If this is the case, then this should be a case for all brands of such nature, including those of Woolworths Ltd. etc. I've experienced through these issues over the duration of my employment so far, and some days are obviously better than others. But despite everything, I would be far too unfair to say that I've ever thought my experiences at work was shite due to them intentfully 'jerking' me around.

If you thought your enjoyment at work was getting downgraded by certain people you couldn't tolerate, you should of complained to your line manager. If it were the managers themselves, then you should of considered an internal transfer.

But MiuMiu, seems like (from your post) that you were stuffed around whilst attempting to obtain employment. While it seems those people you delt with were obviously incompetent to a degree, you (and Minka) have yet to elaborate for my curiosity the justification to how they actually 'jerk' you around DURING employment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)