• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Coles Online Induction - Guaranteed Entry? (1 Viewer)

SAS88

HSC
I did the Coles Online Induction on Wednesday/Thursday last week, and I successfully completed it, does this mean I'm guaranteed a job at Coles? I gave the line manager a call and informed her that I finished it and when I would be able to start it.

She said it goes to the head office who reviews it and sends it back to her, and that she'll give me a call sometime this coming week. I don't care too much about the wait, but I'm a bit concerned whether I already have the job or not, since I haven't signed any papers.

I also got accepted elsewhere and I prefer to work at Coles so I will drop that, but I don't want to drop it and then find out that Coles through some under-handed way didn't give me the job after all, I assumed that I do have the job since it said even if I fail the online induction that my offer of employment is valid, and I passed it really well. However, I've heard of people not getting the jobs even after their online induction, which makes me a bit nervous to drop the second job pending.

Thanks.

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
I did the Coles Online Induction on Wednesday/Thursday last week, and I successfully completed it, does this mean I'm guaranteed a job at Coles? I gave the line manager a call and informed her that I finished it and when I would be able to start it.

She said it goes to the head office who reviews it and sends it back to her, and that she'll give me a call sometime this coming week. I don't care too much about the wait, but I'm a bit concerned whether I already have the job or not, since I haven't signed any papers.

I also got accepted elsewhere and I prefer to work at Coles so I will drop that, but I don't want to drop it and then find out that Coles through some under-handed way didn't give me the job after all, I assumed that I do have the job since it said even if I fail the online induction that my offer of employment is valid, and I passed it really well. However, I've heard of people not getting the jobs even after their online induction, which makes me a bit nervous to drop the second job pending.

Thanks.
You got the job.
Even if you fail the piece of shit, you still get the job.

I was in your position, they told me to do the online induction (and im like dude wtf, did i get the job...hmm or maybe not)

But when i got an email saying "welcome to the coles myer team" (i knew i got the job from then).

btw: its just coles now.

SAS88

HSC
You got the job.
Even if you fail the piece of shit, you still get the job.

I was in your position, they told me to do the online induction (and im like dude wtf, did i get the job...hmm or maybe not)

But when i got an email saying "welcome to the coles myer team" (i knew i got the job from then).

btw: its just coles now.
Hi wrxsti, thanks for the reply. Yea haha, I certainly hope you're right. I did get an email saying something like congratulations on joining the coles express team.

Though I still have to sign something before I'm officially and legally in aren't I?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Hi wrxsti, thanks for the reply. Yea haha, I certainly hope you're right. I did get an email saying something like congratulations on joining the coles express team.

Though I still have to sign something before I'm officially and legally in aren't I?
100% you got the job.

That was the online induction, once you complete it. They will call you in to do a 'store induction', watching hours and hours of boring videos and show you around store. Then the paper work comes, where you have to fill in some details, superannuation, if you die what happens to your money, if you want to join the SDA union (wish i highly recommend), blah blah.

after all that,
next step is training, dw you get paid for everything.

bonkzz

HSC
Hi all, h0w u guyz get all that j0b.while i have applied at coles for a year and still havent get any reply? help me please. :bomb:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Hi all, h0w u guyz get all that j0b.while i have applied at coles for a year and still havent get any reply? help me please. :bomb:
Apply online at coles.com.au,

My mate had told me that they were looking for workers at the store, so i applied.

A week later got a rejection email, and i just applied again...lol
Then I got an interview.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)