Colesmyer 2004-2005 Christmas Casual Positions (1 Viewer)

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
They just wrote...
Your score on the test exceeded 86%
They don't give u ur actual marks do they?
I might have missed it...

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
no, they just tell you what percentage of people you are better than.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
yeah they just tell you how much of the sample you beat. But it's not very accurate because it's just a standard deviation curve. And judging by my marks, i don't think the people in the field could honestly be that dumb.... like seriously, its just general ability and problem solving, i don't know how i could have done as well as i did... oh well, i'm not complaining. I got a group interview. yay!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by tomorrows_angel
If anyone has submitted their expression of interest and has done that Onetest cognitive ability test, what mark did you get? like how much of the sample did you beat when they emailed you the results?
I beat 98%.... but still no damn interview offer!!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I beat 98%.... but still no damn interview offer!!!
were you very flexible with times and places?
Originally posted by tomorrows_angel
yeah they just tell you how much of the sample you beat. But it's not very accurate because it's just a standard deviation curve. And judging by my marks, i don't think the people in the field could honestly be that dumb.... like seriously, its just general ability and problem solving, i don't know how i could have done as well as i did... oh well, i'm not complaining. I got a group interview. yay!
yeah i'm not sure about the accuracy either, i figure people in the field must be better than they apparently are on the curve, but whatever

btw, yes, it says you are better than a percentage of people IN THE FIELD, which i find strange so that's why i didn't include it in my last post!! lol

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I was pretty flexible. I was available any time on weekends and fridays, and all afternoons and nights, and I was willing to work until 2am on weekdays and any time on weekends. I was willing to work anywhere within about 20 mins from me!

Carlito

HSC
For the initial applying just put down your available any time, because at the group interview they'll ask you to fill in a new one, and then when you get an one-on-one instore interview they will make you fill it out again there, and then once you get the job they make you do it again.

its highly annoying actually

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
yeah it is annoying, but you don't want to change your availablilty too much or they might decide you're not worth the effort. I worked at woolies for over 2 years and the supervisers were getting pissed off with people that did that. In the end, the people who limited their availabilities to much less than what they had initially indicated got no shifts and ended up in disfavour. I just hope coles myer isn't as cheap and crap as woolies... i was on a contract and when i took my holiday leave it took months of me chasing them up to get my holiday pay. Then when i left, i had more holiday pay owing and it took another 2 months of chasing them up to get paid for that!

How many interview stages are there because i heard there were like 5 or something... different group interviews and tests and one-on-one and all this excessive stuff...

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I only had two interviews all up. The group one and then a one-on-one at the place I'd been offered a position.

What I find annoying is their complete lack of organisation. I was called in to fill out all my tax forms, and I was given a couple of shifts before I'd even been inducted (or trained). And then at the induction I was made to fill out the same forms again, even though I told them I'd already filled them out. I'm already fed up with them. And what's the deal with giving colesmyer your available times and then being asked for them again at the one-on-one, and then being told to come in at a time I hadn't even listed as an available time the very next day?? arggh.

Last edited:

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
you only had two interviews Lundy? But how many different tests did you have to do? There's the online one when you apply, then the group interview, then a supervised cognitive ability test? what else? It was so much easier to get a job before the big companies like coles and woolies started doing all these stupid routines...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I was pretty flexible. I was available any time on weekends and fridays, and all afternoons and nights, and I was willing to work until 2am on weekdays and any time on weekends. I was willing to work anywhere within about 20 mins from me!
k, just i know if you only put 1 location or are picky with times they won't pick you. if you aren't called soon call them to see what's up.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Lundy, you must have gotten the job a while ago?

And i got an interview when i was only available at one location. But i was available all the time... and i have retail experience. So maybe that had something to do with it....

Lundy

Banned
HSC
No, I got it about two weeks ago. I applied through the website in april and had the group interview about three weeks later.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Wow. congratulations then, Lundy.

I know people who have spent weeks going to tests and interviews and in the end didn't make the cut. I hope it's that easy for me to get the job there in the Christmas applications...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
With Coles Myer, online I got a request to go to an interview, and it has where I can make a booking to attend one. If I attend one at Myer in the city, will that mean I am only eligable for a job there or should I attend one at the parramatta place to be eligable for one at all stores (not just myer)... even though I would love to work at Myer in the city? Also, I'm concerned because the Myer one says"seasonal"... I want an actual job, not a christmas casuals position.

Last edited:

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
it doesn't matter where you attend the interview. Its a stock standard setup no matter what venue you choose and you fill out the same form. You get the places where you put on the form that you'd be willing to work.

This is my 3rd time thru the interview process... 2nd time this year actually. Thankfully tho i went to one less than 3mths ago so i don't have to go... which is sort of worrying me so i'm gonna write them and see whats up.

It was funny i'd done the online assesment before so it all just went thru automatically, just a shame i never got the actual results.

Last edited:

theone123

blue essence
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
They don't ever call referees. Trust me. My dad has owned our family business for 18 years. Nearly every employee we have had has used him as a reference, and he has only recieved about 2 or 3 calls over that 18 years, and they were only for people who were going for management type jobs.

I would use the number lol.
err.. u should correct urself, they do and esp. for graduate jobs. you will be suprised about if u incorrectly list a referee, and when the recruitment fone the referee and the referee says they dont noe u.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)