• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Colesmyer - Kmart (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I got my "goodbye, we don't need you anymore" letter today from Myer. Damn, I wanted a perminant casual spot ...

MrA

Originally posted by McLake
I got my "goodbye, we don't need you anymore" letter today from Myer. Damn, I wanted a perminant casual spot ...
were u x'mas casual?
which Myer store?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by McLake
they do that?! i thought they kept their casuals. damn, that means jobs really go down at this time of the year

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
not for woolies, they keep u and recruit every 3 months or so...i think and dun employ "x-mas casuals"....they employ during xmas but to stay on too :)...like moi:):)

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
when's teh best time to apply for xmas casuals? and when do they do the training stuff? does it clash with uni?

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by choco
when's teh best time to apply for xmas casuals? and when do they do the training stuff? does it clash with uni?
Originally posted by ToO LaZy ^*
the holiday period before xmas i would reckon..
You need to apply around July.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
You'll know when to do it, its advertised in all the papers and your school will probably let you know about it and stuff. I found out about it through our careers newsletter.

HSC
my friend gets to work at k-mart for her retail work experience. and she didn't have to do the whole colesmyer process thing.
lucky her :(

Matthew_152

I got an offer to attend the Coles-Myer Group Interview Session....does anyone know what u have to do? (like, is there a test or something?)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by **freakstar87**
my friend gets to work at k-mart for her retail work experience. and she didn't have to do the whole colesmyer process thing.
lucky her :(

Which kmart is this cos we have 2 work experience girls at the moment, one on thursdays and one on fridays

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by Matthew_152
I got an offer to attend the Coles-Myer Group Interview Session....does anyone know what u have to do? (like, is there a test or something?)
me too!, whens urs , mines on 9th of march

ive browsed around the site searching for tips about interviews and they've been very helpful, but what i wanna know is what they'll ask me, if any of u guys have done the group interview recently can u remember what they asked

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
I shouldn't be telling you this. This disadvantages others

Anyway Here's what they did when i went for group interview and sucessful with a job.

1. You sit in a table consisting of about 8 people with a tag of your name on it.
2. The recuitment officers introduces themselves and what they are looking for as an employee.
3. You introduce yourself to the perosn sittting opposite to you and find out a bit about them and vice versa.
4. Then with the officers looking you introduce the person you spoke with to the whole table and a litttle detail of them.
5. They then give you a puzzle ( in my case a "Thomas the Tank engine " one) and you as a table are to assemble the puzzle together.
6. You then answer a few question on various questions about customer service.
7. Filling out forms and handing them in with your resume.
8. Two weeks later Colesmyer gives a call if your sucessful OR a email if didn't pass the interview stage.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by Mr Wiggle
I shouldn't be telling you this. This disadvantages others

Anyway Here's what they did when i went for group interview and sucessful with a job.

1. You sit in a table consisting of about 8 people with a tag of your name on it.
2. The recuitment officers introduces themselves and what they are looking for as an employee.
3. You introduce yourself to the perosn sittting opposite to you and find out a bit about them and vice versa.
4. Then with the officers looking you introduce the person you spoke with to the whole table and a litttle detail of them.
5. They then give you a puzzle ( in my case a "Thomas the Tank engine " one) and you as a table are to assemble the puzzle together.
6. You then answer a few question on various questions about customer service.
7. Filling out forms and handing them in with your resume.
8. Two weeks later Colesmyer gives a call if your sucessful OR a email if didn't pass the interview stage.
wow!, thanks alot, i really appreciate it

what type of questions do they ask about customer service? (sorry if i sound greedy)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
just what good customer service is or something along those lines. what you would do.

a few pages back i typed about the interview as well, but the one above is more comprehensive.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Hahaha...

I am glad that I went for a job at Coles back in 2000... All that I had to do to get the position was to pass an aptitude test and have a referee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)