collage (1 Viewer)

Tuna

HSC
N/A
What kind of things should I take into consideration while make a collage. I want my collage to stand out and has a lot of meaning(based on me). I would really want to make a collage for business studies for travel, opening up the the community and society. Could anyone help me with ideas?

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Everything you put into the collage should be relevant and have meaning ..... You must be able to support each texts on the collage with a reason for it being there.
What media are you using? Photography collage, digital collage, painting collage, mixture of different types of media ..... ect .... I'm not sure I completely understand what it is you are asking.

winicat

HSC
try researching dada/surrealist artists. maybe man ray's "rayographs" (more photography based) or hannah hoch.

i like the term "fragmented aesthetics" or "aesthetic fragmentation" in relation to collages, etc.

If you want some notes on these I have a couple of pages from a lecture as well as a slide list.

I'm feeling a little confused: was this for art or business studies? or did you just want to get the idea of business studies into your collage?

Cellie

HSC
Ooh! With my Body Of Work I'm also doing a collage.
But, at the moment I am having difficulty in what techniques or mediums to use to create my BOW and have that layer of meanings.......so I'm a lil stuck on how to go about my BOW :S:S:S:S

Tuna

HSC
N/A
I apologise for the confusion, I want to do a collage on travel, how can we integrate the idea of travel into a collage?

I've look at your link winnicat and it was great, the images were cleverly synthesised to form a big picture however the big picture is made out of little fine details. You have an eye for beauty.

winicat

HSC
My works (last year for my BOW) were, in a way, collages. Not in the "total" collage sense that Hoch uses, but more simple and minimal. I pulled together images and the theme of life's journey on a number of canvases of various sizes (small to large).

Maybe look at a collage as a sort of mind map. It's the collection of thoughts (ie images) you feel are related to travel.

Below is one of my own works (favourite lol) .. click for bigger image.

As you can see, I have incorporated stenciled text, magzine words/images and a photo. I also added 'graphic' details. The construction of a collage is really up to you, the creator. Don't be afraid of trying new 'styles'. If you're really afraid of 'wasting' an image you've found, make colour copies of it and play around with that. That's what I did to begin with.

Remember: "Don't be precious" and "Just do it" ... my artistic mantra :)

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Thank you for posting the image up, it is very kind of you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)