collars up? (1 Viewer)

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
Is it just me or do guys with their polo collars up look stupid? i mean, what hte hell is the point?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Such boys (you cannot call them men) deserve a hard slap to the back of the head.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Generator said:
Such boys (you cannot call them men) deserve a hard slap to the back of the head.
if slap = hard punch, then yes, i agree

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
At school there was this guy that would get sunburnt so easily on his neck puts his collars up. Then everyday onwards when we see him we put our collars up just to mock him.

It's not actually such a bizzare "fashion". The american marines is also called the "leather necks". Originated during the civil wars the army believes to protect the arteries in the neck for battle by wrapping it with thick leather. It works very well and even if a bullet did penetrate the leather and cause a bleeding, the soldiers next to him wont lose his morale as the blood doesn't shoot out so freakily.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i see people working in the sun and they have theirs up. Fair enough, they're out in the sun, it makes sense to protect your neck from 8 hours of direct sunlight if you can.

the guys who go out at night with their collars up confuse me. Considering a fair few arent whitebois i dont see how they're going to get burnt around the neck when the only light is coming from some light bulbs...or the moon. They deserve a punching

Keen

MD
HSC
I think that's a bit harsh. I think if you do it right (on some shirts eg. RL polo's) it can look alright on the right person. Although sometimes it gets a bit over the top. But for the casual look, I think it can add a bit to the geeky collar down on a $100 shirt (you're grandad's style).

Keen

Jess-a_belle

HSC
well it seems i am alone in thinking SOME guys look ok wearing collars like that.

others do look dumb.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
oh it looks okay

but it seems to be overdone, you see groups of guys, where half of them have pastel coloured polos with their collars up :/

sorta ruins the attraction to doing it to make you look good

nataliie

HSC
i've seen school guys with their collars turned up, tie undone hanging around their neck, and with their top buttons undone. they probably think they look hot, but i don't think so...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
well i'm going to be the black sheep and say that I like guys when they put their collars up. The guys I have seen doing it can really pull it off! Especially in Industrie shirts. They're definite perve factors for my friends and I

Lainee

HSC
The 'half-flip' is marginally acceptable (back flipped up, lapels down), though still doesn't look very nice. It's so faux indifference - "I Soooo don't care what I look like, I didn't even look in the mirror this morning".

The only acceptable excuse is if you've been battling the elements (wind, storm, hail, blazing sun) and even then, please return your collar to it's original position upon arrival indoors.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
grk_styl said:
well i'm going to be the black sheep and say that I like guys when they put their collars up. The guys I have seen doing it can really pull it off! Especially in Industrie shirts. They're definite perve factors for my friends and I

ill have to invite you along to watch my indoor cricket team play one day....our team is called "kollarzup" and we all have to wear our collars up otherwise u cant play, lol, collars up all the way i say! u can tell none of u are fans of cricket and the mark waugh heritage.,....*sigh*

Trademark

HSC
Rock on dawson! Kollarzup all the way! Minor and major defending premiers!
I'd bet more than half the blokes that wear their collars up play cricket.
I'm one for sure who puts every collar up!
Peace out!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i think it really depends on the shirt... polo's yes coz they're soft fabric... dress/business shirts no because their collars are 'hard'.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
N.O!

It reminds me of this skinny guy at our school, he always has his collar up.
We call him "bonzorz"

True story. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)