College or Lodge (1 Viewer)

ncoul

HSC
Hey, i'm writing this for my older brother who will hopefully be heading down to ANU at the start of next year for International Relations/Law. He's just wondering whether a lodge or college. He really is just asking this as he wants to know the best for partying, drinking and meeting girls. He likes the look of lodges (modern, pretty), especially the new one, Lena Karmel. Money is not an issue. Just suggestions.

Thanks

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
Hey, i'm writing this for my older brother who will hopefully be heading down to ANU at the start of next year for International Relations/Law. He's just wondering whether a lodge or college. He really is just asking this as he wants to know the best for partying, drinking and meeting girls. He likes the look of lodges (modern, pretty), especially the new one, Lena Karmel. Money is not an issue. Just suggestions.

Thanks
why would he want to come all the way to ANU just to do that?

ncoul

HSC
It's part of the uni experience. He won't have the marks for syd or nsw. He studies hard, he'd just like to know of a social accommodation option. I didn't think this thread warranted cynicism.

Last edited:

lochness1

HSC
I'm currently living at Lena Karmel, doing law/arts. I personally love the syle of unilodge and if you can get yourself a good group of friends its a great mix of social/studying. However if he wants to party i would suggest a college, johns more specifically. There is more of a culture of partying etc at the colleges rather than the lodges, we tend to have more postgrads/later year students who want to focus on their on studies instead. If he is outgoing then he will fit in anywhere but as a choice, I'd lean towards a college.

ncoul

HSC
Ok, cool thank you. How do you meet people in lodges? Are all college social events kind of segregated?

viva_la_albert

HSC
Current ANU student here, not a ressie though. Don't go to UniLodge, they aren't social. Ever. Bruce and Burgman are good, they're good with floor parties and parties with other colleges. I'd stay away from Johns though.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Go to a college on Daley Road. Bruce > B&G > Burgmann > johns > Ursula for parties

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)