com(liberal)or bcom/bart (1 Viewer)

bubblemilktea

hi...i'm doing HSC this year....and i want to do Bcommerce next year...
i'm also interested in doing japnese.....
am i better off doing B commerce/B Art or B com (liberal)
thankz heapzzzz

sarevok

HSC
Depends on how many arts majors you want to do.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
with com (lib) you'll also need science credit points and an essay writing/speech etc unit of study.
you can only do 60 credit points outside economics and business

bubblemilktea

i basically want to do 4 majors....

i was thinking of doing 2major from B commerce and 2 major from B Art.......
but i turn of the thought after my friend said:"i've never seen anyone so crazy."
so now i'm not sure....
cause i also want to do a major in psychology in B art apart from japanese.....and for B com (liberal) isn't there only limited credit pt that you can do out side the commerce faculty?

what should i do??? (i prefer B com/B art though.....)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
2 art majors and 2 commerce isn't crazy at all. However, psychology is a science.
in Com (lib) you can only do one major outside eco and business (and even this can be hard to achieve, as you have to play your cards right.)
There is also no such thing as a minor anymore.
Based on what you're saying, I think arts/com is best for you.

bubblemilktea

on second thought.....i'm not that keen on doing a psychology major......i'll probably just do a minor in psychology....cos i'm not going to be a psychologist anyway......i might just advise a human resource manager when recruiting stuff...that's it........
so which one is better.....

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
haha i realise that it sounds like it's a good idea to major in stuff you think you want to study, but when you get to uni it's a whole different matter. 2 majors in commerce sound good and stuff, but that's hard enough as it is. sweetie even in a 5 year course you wouldn't want to do 4 majors. have you really explored what are the criterias for completing a major? you should really go and have a look at which 2 commerce majors you want to do, and the units you have to do to complete it.. and same goes for japanese and especially psychology.
i'm doing comm lib now, and i'm doing japanese as a 3rd major and i did a unit from psyc and not planning to do anymore. i have heard that you can't do psychology as a 3rd major because you don't have enough credit points. if you want to do a japanese major i don't see how you will be able to do more psychology than psyc 1a and 1b.

anyway the good thing about comm lib is that you do have a bit of room to explore what you want to do in the first year.. but if you want to do 3 majors etc, than you need to plan out your course and by the sounds of it you're not really quite sure what you learn in psychology. but just a hint, you don't actually get to tell what's wrong with people or become the master of manipulation.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
bubblemilktea said:
on second thought.....i'm not that keen on doing a psychology major......i'll probably just do a minor in psychology....cos i'm not going to be a psychologist anyway......i might just advise a human resource manager when recruiting stuff...that's it........
so which one is better.....
there's no such thing as a minor anymore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)