combined degrees - course structure (1 Viewer)

somecooldude

HSC
i was looking at the uts handbook 2006 http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/sci/ug/c10163.html

this is an example of a combined degree but im not sure which combined degree i wanna do yet.

anyway, my question is, in the example of "course program" it shows the degrees being studied simultaneuosly.

is it possible to study them separately? does anyone do this? what are the advantages or disadvantages of studying them either separately or simultaneuosly?

maka

HSC
I still think there is a slight possibility to do them separately in the sense that you do say degree X (Business) then degree Y (Science/Law whatever). If you get a combined degree I would follow the template as above as there are requisites and conditions that must be followed in order to progress.

somecooldude

HSC
maka said:
I still think there is a slight possibility to do them separately in the sense that you do say degree X (Business) then degree Y (Science/Law whatever). If you get a combined degree I would follow the template as above as there are requisites and conditions that must be followed in order to progress.
ooh ok.. makes sense. but i just thought it might be similar to unsw, where you can study them separately.

highpingbastard

Lag me hard!
HSC
You can study them seperately if you want. The only restriction is that you meet all the prerequisites/corequesites.

Let's say you do Journalism/Law.

Now you could organise your course structure so you complete all law subjects before doing any journalism subjects.The problem you would have though is that some of the law subjects that you traditionally do in second year would not be available to you to do in the first year because they require that you've already completed certain first year subjects (which you would currently be doing but not yet have completed). So, essentially, what they do is use the journalism subjects to fill up the gaps...or vice-versa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)