Combined engineering dergees (1 Viewer)

freedragon

HSC
are they worth it? i know a combined degree can take an extra yr but are they sought after? for example, engineering/science or engineering/medical science
i know unsw and uts both offer engineering/science
At uts it is 6 yrs to do the course AND get the diploma of engineering practise, while normally it is 5 years for the flexible course

so i'm just wondering- would it be worth getting a science degree on top of the engineering degree? would it be more sought after? or is it a waste of time and i should probably just focus on the single degree

advice?

Bobbo1

HSC
I'm still in year 12 and take my advice at your own will, but anyway i also went through this phase of doing a combined engineering degree, specifically eng/comm. However, after researching it around apparently it's not really worth it and you're better off just getting an extra 1 year of graduate salary.

c3075162

HSC
It's totally worth it. I am currently studying a combine degree in Eng (civil)/Business. I mean it is 1 year longer than a single engineering degree, but the final year is fairly cruisy and you have plenty of time to get a part time job or something that's related to your engineering major.

A single degree in engineering is sufficient for the first couple of years, but you will need extra qualifications, such as a master degree in engineering science or business related degrees to advance you further up the food chain. It's much easier to do those things now (no kids or family burdens) than later I think.

Anyway, have fun.

Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)