Combined law @ uts: Bachelor of creative intelligence vs international studies ? (1 Viewer)

asdwasdw

HSC
Hi, with all the uac deadlines coming up i would like to find out some insights about combined law at UTS

I read about the bachelor of creative intelligence and innovation on the website but im not sure if i can trust it if it is a 'airy -fairy' degree to match up law with.

International studies is something i've seen at other universities so it seems more reliable

Could someone please give me some advice or something from their own experiences??

Also , should i do LAW at UTS or COMMERCE at UNSW and then try transfer to combined law ?? thats another option i'm considering with all the things about university reputations and things.

__manda95

HSC
I'm currently in a super similar situation, in regards as whether to do LAW at UTS or Political, Economic and Social Science at USYD and then complete a JD at USYD for law as I would not make a competitive argument to transfer internally into combined law.

I'm debating between LAW & INTERNATIONAL STUDIES/ LAW & BUSINESS as travelling is a big must for me and I am unable to do that with the business combined law at UTS.

Rep is what's getting to me too. However I'm afraid of passing on the opportunity to study law by the slim fear of "prestige".

I spoke to a USYD Law professor today at their info day and he made a strong argument that if law is something i'm truly wanting to pursue, then university doesn't matter as long as you excel in your degree. He has taught at all the law uni's in NSW and recommended I go with UTS law.
However he did also make the argument that If uni really matters to me, then I should take an undergrad course, excel in that and attempt transfer or else do JD.

I hope this helps you decide as I know it sure as hell left me more confused as I was before! (I really love USYD but really love Law)
Best of luck!

heyoverthere

HSC
hey,

I personally think that you should do creative intelligence with or law or maybe business with law instead of international studies.
This is because the creative intelligence degree is really new and offers a lot more skills that employers these days would find very appealing.
Additionally, I reckon it would be a great course to take if you are perhaps looking to start your own law firm as it provides a lot of great entrepreneurial skills, which also increase employability!
However, international studies, although it probs sounds interesting, is not really a very useful and employable degree.
Its up to you whether you want to do this or commerce and then transfer, but keep in mind you can always transfer from law at uts to law at unsw, as many of my friends did. Additionally, I think if you really want to be a lawyer you might as well do a law degree to start with, just in case you don't get into unsw law in your second year. However, tons of people I know transferred from commerce after first year as well so that would also be a good option.
anyway, best of luck !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)