Combined Law (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by kaseita
well, the cutoff for usyd is higher than unsw (based on last year) so why bother putting it down after unsw? it seems a little weird :)
The cut-off was higher for 2002. You're basing your choices on past cut-offs. The whole idea of having a 'preference list' is, not surprisingly, so that you can list your choices according to your preferences. Decide whether you want to do law at USYD or UNSW and put that first. Ignore the cut-off! It's completely irrelevant - you should be trying to get in to the course that you WANT to do.

You don't want to suddenly start thinking halfway through first-year, "Why am I doing this degree here again?". Trust me... I chose advanced science because it 'used up' more of my UAI points. But my situation was slightly different so yeah. Just don't fall into that trap. :)

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
wow i have 2 say that chait i think ur making a good decision in that ur following ur dream and not confined 2 sydney. i think most people choose Usyd or Unsw for law is not becoz of of the prestige but being afraid of moving away from home and being lonely but ur actually embracing change which is wat life is about.

chait

thanks.. :) my friends were shocked (and some still think it's weird) when they heard i wanted to go to the ANU.. they're mostly USYD or UNSW type ppl.. i used to be one of those. I visited the campus and found that it did have a good social scene going on, esp in the colleges. well, i don't know if i'll be lonely - it's about meeting new ppl, just as you will in uni

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by !meeee!

that's pretty much why i applied to melbourne uni. unfortunately unlike anu the 2002 cutoff for melbourne is still only 0.1 below sydney for arts/law

have u visited da melbourne campus yet cause i haven't and want 2 know a bit bout it.
i heard that da melbourne weather was worser than sydney and they r called bleak city for that they always rain.

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
Originally posted by da_best

have u visited da melbourne campus yet cause i haven't and want 2 know a bit bout it.
i heard that da melbourne weather was worser than sydney and they r called bleak city for that they always rain.
yeah i've actually stayed on campus at melbourne for a couple of days. really nice uni. very much like usyd. there are a lot of residential colleges and obviously some are better than others

the weather can be bleak but it's never really bothered me a lot

Porphyria_J

Originally posted by Asquithian
i thought costello did combined law at monash ...so did simon crean...

and i didnt know bob carr got his arts law from unsw?

can any one confirm this?
That's what i read too...somewhere....

Well...if you go into the UNSW alumni page, you will see i believe that they confirm bob carr did his arts law degree there...

thats from memory

but im not 100% sure! just.......98%! haha sorry!

lane

This is so weird but all five of my freinds are doing combined law/commerce

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
I' ve four friends, aquiantances who are all doing combined Economic(social Sciences)/Law at sydney university!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I'm thinking to transfer into combined law at Usyd at the end of first year, my UAI (98.5) wasn't too far off the cut-off, maybe if i maintain a dist avg I may be able to transfer.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
random comment - law at usyd required a psycho mark this year (even more so than last year) at 99.6 ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate
I know *remembers cut-off for combined law at USyd* but at UNSW it's only 99.3
yeh ... it was 99.3 for unsw ... but it would be scary to be a lecture theatre with everyone 99.3 or higher ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

yeh ... it was 99.3 for unsw ... but it would be scary to be a lecture theatre with everyone 99.3 or higher ...
I reckon imagine how hard it would be to obtain a dist avg with people of such calibre

ByteMe

HSC
N/A
i heard that theres a whole heap of international full-fee paying students in the law courses at usyd and unsw.... so it cant be that bad...

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by ByteMe
i heard that theres a whole heap of international full-fee paying students in the law courses at usyd and unsw.... so it cant be that bad...
most of the international-fee paying students, numbering only a handful may i add, are also top quality students.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

I saw a few fee-paying people from my old school at the advisory session, I think there are quite a few of them :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)