Come meet me at the internship fair! (1 Viewer)

pmtruong

HSC
Hey Staz, yeh p&g people seem very easy to get along with and they seem like ppl that are focused on the big picture, can think different and have great ppl skills.

Good luck to ur ex let us know how shes going. I guess she has got a big heads up coz ur guiding her throo it all. Yeh i did ask how much responsibility i wood get and how my other intern friends are often photocopying or making coffee and jeremy said "the only coffee or faxing you will be doing is ur own"!

So i love the responsibility they would give us and the opportunity to work on a real project.

Jeremy said within a week they will tell us they have about 25 ppl at the interview stage for marketing they gotta get through. He also said there isnt a strict quota to get through to the next round they will simply put the quality candidates through.

As in, its not like they have to put 10 and have no leeway, they might even put less. The interview went for about an hour.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I actually haven't been giving her that much advice, as it'd be unethical for me to give her a strong advantage.

Do you know how many positions are available for marketing this year?

pmtruong

HSC
Fair enough keep it fair but then again speaking to you on this forum is an advantage as well. There are 4 marketing positions all in Singapore so odds aint too bad. How many were there in your year?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yeah, but it's also your initiative to talk to me, and ask questions. I'm also very careful not to reveal anything you can't learn on the websites (apart from of course working life questions, which of course I'm more than happy to answer).

We only had 2 when i did it.

Marketing
2 Singapore
1 Sydney

CMK
2 Singapore
1 Sydney

HR
1 Sydney

CBD
1 Sydney (I think)
1 Melbourne

Finance
2 Sydney

pmtruong

HSC
Yeh thats true and I guess everyone else can see what is written on this anyway.

What brand/brands did you work on whilst in Singapore and what kind of work/ research project did you do?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I worked on Pantene's Australia & New Zealand market. My project was to do with treatments (i.e. third-step after shampoo/conditioner) products. It was quite a large project in that I had to figure out how to compete in the category and make recommendations on whether it's necessary to modify current products, add new product lines, change advertising strategies, change target markets, etc.

velvetorchid

HSC
haha, sounds like you're on the right track pt. i wish i had the chance to experience what you have. *fingers crossed*

pmtruong

HSC
wow didnt know theres a third step! did they take on board your recommendations? do you get assigned a brand or do they let you choose from a pool of whats available? i wood have no idea about hair care stuff!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
not long now until you guys find out if you got into the final round :)

edit: strange, i thought I replied. yeah, you get assigned a brand. you also pick up knowledge on your product category very quickly

stazi

Nightman
HSC
let me know when you hear from them about interviews. apparently calls should come today or tomorrow, unless there's a delay.

pmtruong

HSC
yehp will do staz ...nervously guarding my phone as we speak. how do you know?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
My ex was told that it'll be monday tuesday. Guessing it wasn't today, as both of you haven't received a call. Hopefully tomorrow, although there may well be delays

pmtruong

HSC
Great newS! i got called in da morning... i made final round interviews!! i have ma interview 2morowo. down to 9 ppl now! however im stressin over this exam i gotta finish it ...due in 2 hrs! ttyl!

pmtruong

HSC
thanks staz! haz your ex heard back yet? i should be more nervous than what I am right now maybe it will kick in later. do they ask more job specific quesitons in the panel?

HSC
lol this process is so long! I would never bother going through such an arduous set of exams, interviews, panel discussions for a job.

I give up very easily :wave:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
pmtruong said:
thanks staz! haz your ex heard back yet? i should be more nervous than what I am right now maybe it will kick in later. do they ask more job specific quesitons in the panel?
can't share about what happens in the panel :) my ex hasn't heard back, so i assume she hasn't gotten through

pmtruong

HSC
went well i had jeremy in my panel again so hopefully he liked me this time round. how long did u have to wait staz before they told u if ur in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)