Comeback stories (1 Viewer)

SirLaptop

HSC
English for me has always been a trainwreck. Did advanced in year 11 because apparently it 'scaled better'. Every single assessment in prelim, I was at the bottom, or near the bottom in terms of rank. Never made it past high C, regardless of how hard I worked (which was very hard). Now this could mean different things, for one the teachers at my school are notorious for marking harshly in comparison to HSC markers, or I was actually genuinely trash.

Year 12, I had a mindset to lift my rank out of the bottom 10 (out of roughly 40 students). Got a private tutor, and I started off slow by 1st assessment, repeated my prelim failures, getting high C, 9th from the bottom. Mid year, get 25th of 40 as my rank. Fairly impressive when considering my rocky history. Hope to get into the top half for the coming assessment.

While marks or ranks are not at all that impressive right now it is a comeback story for me, because I never thought I'd make it out of the bottom. English is dominated by 'jacks of all trades', yet for me, it's the subject where my ATAR has to suffer. Not the only person who this applies to obviously, do wish that English didn't have to count if you did 12 and did English terribly, but I've got to work with what's on my plate, and minimise the damage that English will end up doing to my Atar.

aidan059

HSC
School Rank: Just outside top 50s
Prelim Economics Rank: 62/105
HSC Eco Rank: 22/81

Final HSC Mark (weighted): 95/100 (which i worked out to be 2nd)
You have hope my friend, so many kids in my class who thought I was a joke at eco, and was never asked for essays by others (because they thought I wasn't good enough). Ended up buying my raw marks back, and saw I got 20/20 and 19/20 in both essays in the HSC. Nothing is over until you put that final pen down in your final hsc exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)