Comic book as major work? (1 Viewer)

whyjonathan

HSC
I'm in year 11 now, and considering what to do for my art major work next year. Is anyone doing a comic book this year? Or done one in the past? Was it super hard work? And how long did you make it? What style was the art? If I keep asking questions like this will you still answer them? What about this one?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
whyjonathan said:
I'm in year 11 now, and considering what to do for my art major work next year. Is anyone doing a comic book this year? Or done one in the past? Was it super hard work? And how long did you make it? What style was the art? If I keep asking questions like this will you still answer them? What about this one?
a) Hi there, Year 11er :) enjoy social life while you can
b) 2005 artexpress had two comic book like works, one was just popart and the other was proper comic book style, except you don't have it in a book as such, just laid flat with a decent story line,
c) 5+ scenes to convey your point
d) popart, comic style (not anime)
e) maybe

Winged-Villain

HSC
oh... im doing that too..... and i am dying coz i cant think of a story line...... especially one to fit into 5 scenes... i'm thinking something like the HSC monster or somethin

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
HinikuTheNinja said:
There was a large one in the 2006 one two. Post Modernism Girl!
:) Done by a girl at my school whose father was a head art teacher at another school, though she was super intelligent (hmm)

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
I know someone at PLC (Pymble, not the other one) did a comic-book type of thing this year. It was 16+ panels and it was pretty much a comic book but each panel was displayed separately. It was done in the style of manga, but I couldn't be bothered reading the story line because the exhibition was too crowded and I kept on getting pushed around. It was really good and probably extremely time consuming because her drawings were great. Tackling something like that would be a very dauting task so just make sure you stay on track and you're comfortable with whatever medium you produce it in.

Chuc

HSC
I'm working in the media of comic/manga, however the narrative is entirely paying homage to the Hong Kong action movie scene (ala. John Woo-style Gun Opera XD).

There's always one person in my school every year that has attempted something manga. Last cohort the artist was shortlisted, and the work had extremely professional lineart. I even learned a thing or 2 from him when dealing with inks.

^-- Example of my digital-painting

^-- My first completed work for my BOW. Not expected to be used though in the final.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Chuc said:
I'm working in the media of comic/manga, however the narrative is entirely paying homage to the Hong Kong action movie scene (ala. John Woo-style Gun Opera XD).

There's always one person in my school every year that has attempted something manga. Last cohort the artist was shortlisted, and the work had extremely professional lineart. I even learned a thing or 2 from him when dealing with inks.

^-- Example of my digital-painting

^-- My first completed work for my BOW. Not expected to be used though in the final.

Fuck man, I want your skills!

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i'm thinking about doing mine as a comic book but i will be focusing on what society is liek muder and that kind of stuff of fantasy/manga my combination of both. i love art but thinking about what to do for my BOW is hard i changed my mind 6 times now. Any advice any1?

Chuc

HSC
This may be a bit late but.. if you want to do a comic, I HIGHLY suggest you finish storyboarding the thing by the end of this holidays, and maybe even getting one or 2 pages complete for judgement on style by your teacher or others.

Storyboarding can really take the fustration of flow and panelling for later, so save yourself the grief.

Chuc

HSC
Btw.. how's everyone's progress in this chosen medium?

Azzman

HSC
im doin a story board its a childrens book style dealing with issues of teenagers. its 6 scenes on cavas using water colour and felt tip pen with photography aswell.

lealea226

HSC
Heya!
This year I saw comic strips in art express and they were damn awsome! So yeah of course you can do a comic that would be awsome! :)

pet_pet10

HSC
Comic's definitely do-able for the BOW, I've appropriated a Lichtenstein work into my BOW and it worked well. It all depends on how well/ appropriate your work presents your idea. Art is supposed to change along with our lifestyles, so I am sure the markers are open to various mediums.

williamwfan

HSC
I'm an 06 student and I did a comic strip of about 16 pages.

It's called "Of Euridice" and it was accepted into the Art Express Exhibitions 07.

Yah comic books are great, but don't forget hundreds of students make comic strips.

Your one just has to be one of the best.

My artwork was just pen on paper.

Sketched and then traced over using a light box.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5153/77530809ay3.gif

My favourite subject was definately VA, I was offered a scholarship at COFA in 07, but I'm doing Art History/ Law atm.

If you're interested in VA tutoring, call me on 0422 236 336 or email me at williamwfan@hotmail.com

I'm doing private tutoring for yr 12 students atm.

My VA mark was 95 and i was accepted into the Art Express Exhibition 07.

I do tutoring for VA theory and usually help input this theory into your major works.

If you're interested, send me an email at williamwfan@hotmail.com , or call me on 0422 236 336

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)