Coming first internally and screwing up in the external exam (1 Viewer)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Yes... your internal mark will be much higher and thus you will be 'scaled down'

Its exactly like every other thread on scaling, read around...moderation process.

dat202hoe

HSC
So is being average in internal and external better than doing well internally and doing average externally?

dolbinau

HSC
If you come first internally you'll get half of the HSC mark as whoever gets the highest external mark and half of your HSC mark will be your exam result.

vivid

HSC
dolbinau said:
If you come first internally you'll get half of the HSC mark as whoever gets the highest external mark and half of your HSC mark will be your exam result.
Eh? I was under the impression your internal mark will be pulled up to the highest mark scored in the HSC external exam, to keep the range within school assessment marks. i.e. they moderate the range of marks, not just the bottom and top. Your HSC mark will then be the one you got.

e.g. You're coming first, at I dunno, 93. Then someone in the HSC external gets 95, NOT YOU. Your school mark becomes 95, and you then get whatever you got in the HSC external exams for your external mark.

And I think, that could be what you said, except I'm having trouble deciphering what you said. So now I'm confused, and Eng. is in a few hours, so I should go to bed.

Takuto

HSC
Hagaren said:
Why would you come first and then screw up. /thread
lol because rankings count assessments and shit

there are alot of people that are average at exams but still managed to come 1st due to working hard on the assignments

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Takuto said:
SCREW U! lol
oh god your not one of them are you...i thought you were cool right up until just now, nah it's probably jealousy more than anything. i have put myself in a bad position with my internals. At the start of the year i was the pick for dux now the teachers are just hoping i can get into uni.

Takuto

HSC
Hagaren said:
oh god your not one of them are you...i thought you were cool right up until just now, nah it's probably jealousy more than anything. i have put myself in a bad position with my internals. At the start of the year i was the pick for dux now the teachers are just hoping i can get into uni.
haha nah. im neutral..

i just dont believe in the 'ur-a-prick-if-ur-ranked-higher' attitude..

if they're ranked higher they probably deserve it as much as u and have worked hard for it one way or another. topping assignments requires alotta effort too

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Takuto said:
haha nah. im neutral..

i just dont believe in the 'ur-a-prick-if-ur-ranked-higher' attitude..

if they're ranked higher they probably deserve it as much as u and have worked hard for it one way or another. topping assignments requires alotta effort too
you lie.

topping assignments is breasy as. you just do a draft hand it to a teacher and they practically do the rest for you.

Takuto

HSC
Hagaren said:
you lie.

topping assignments is breasy as. you just do a draft hand it to a teacher and they practically do the rest for you.
lol, then why couldnt you do it?

well my experience was different, lol

i spent soo much time on my assignments just to get that 1-2% advantage over the people that study its not funny. lol

oh and my school doesnt let you hand in drafts.. lol its too unfair.. like 'pre-marking'

ғяЄєq

Silly Rabit
HSC
Hagaren said:
you lie.

I did the same, buy my teachers wouldn't specifically say "Yes, it is good" or "It is bad" nothing like that. It's just, they told me to fix something up if it didnt make sense.. o___O but it did help :eek:

samwell

HSC
You duys are scaring me lol. If u r comin first u will probably be subject ti enough pressure to work hard and succeed. apparently your results are secured if your are coming first unless you really screw up bad. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)