Comm/Arts transferring to Comm/Law (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi!

i received an offer to study the combined comm/arts degree at unsw. however, I'm interested in transferring into comm/law in second year and I'm just wondering which subjects i should be doing if i am considering this?

thankyou :D

p.s- i know i should've done a single comm degree but i didn't put it down as one of my preferences... lol

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
If you are looking to transfer to Com/Law I would just do commerce courses only in 1st year. If you get in, you won't be behind but if you don't you can pick up arts courses and less commerce courses in 2nd year.

All the best

HSC
which subjects would you consider to be wam boosters and wam killers?

just a heads up: I'm the type that can't make intelligent bs on the spot and i like content based subjects :D

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeap you don't have to any arts in First year. It's really flexible at UNSW.

Some people say MGMT1001 is a WAM killer because of the 2 essays that form part of your assessments. I didn't find it a WAM killer. It does requite some BSing.

I heard avoid doing FINS1613 in Sem 2. So if you are looking to do finance as part of the flexi cores I think it's best to do it in Sem 1.

HSC
but if i do decide to study an arts subject (e.g japanese in the hope of it boosting my wam) and i happen to get into comm/law, the art units would've gone to waste right?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
so i don't have to do any art subjects in first year??
You don't have to, but you can if you want.

which subjects would you consider to be wam boosters and wam killers?

just a heads up: I'm the type that can't make intelligent bs on the spot and i like content based subjects :D
For Commerce? Depends what kind of person you are. Are you mathsy? English-y?

Yeap you don't have to any arts in First year. It's really flexible at UNSW.

Some people say MGMT1001 is a WAM killer because of the 2 essays that form part of your assessments. I didn't find it a WAM killer. It does requite some BSing.

I heard avoid doing FINS1613 in Sem 2. So if you are looking to do finance as part of the flexi cores I think it's best to do it in Sem 1.
I have a friend who HDs in management courses, just depends what kind of person you are.

but if i do decide to study an arts subject (e.g japanese in the hope of it boosting my wam) and i happen to get into comm/law, the art units would've gone to waste right?
Not really, they'll be counted as "electives".

HSC
so would i be able to do this if i wanted to transfer? and if i happen to be successful, would i be behind if i followed this ?
e.g- semester 1:

3 comm subjects
1 arts subject

semester 2:
3 comm subjects
1 arts subject

p.s- thankyou so much for your help guys!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yes and probably, depends because we don't know how many Law subjects you can do in one sem without restrictions due to prerequisites and stuff

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't worry too much about the law part of your degree. Transfers do certain courses after their cohort but will eventually catch up without having to overload. You just do 2 law courses per semester in your first year of law instead of 1 like the direct entrant law cohort.

HSC
ohhhhhhh, i see :D

so its ok if i do 3 of the core commerce subjects and 1 art subject in first yr? (sorry if I'm repeating myself!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)