comm/law at USYD or UNSW? (1 Viewer)

mrs_kangta

HSC
it's 4th of January, and I still cannot make up my mind about which uni or even which course to go to. But one of the major problem i have right now, is whether to go USYD or UNSW for comm/law, I know USYD has a very very prestigious law faculty and UNSW has a very very good business faculty so which one?

PLEASE HELP...i'm DYING

gman03

HSC
* Did you go to the Uni's open day? Compare how you feel being in the uni.

* Did you ask higher year student about how good/bad the lecturers are at the respective uni?

* Do you know any friends going to do the same degree?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
mrs_kangta said:
it's 4th of January, and I still cannot make up my mind about which uni or even which course to go to. But one of the major problem i have right now, is whether to go USYD or UNSW for comm/law, I know USYD has a very very prestigious law faculty and UNSW has a very very good business faculty so which one?

PLEASE HELP...i'm DYING
If you're considering it based on someones opinion of the prestige of the Law vs Business faculties wouldn't it simply be a matter of which degree you're most likely to use? i.e. USYD if you want to be a lawyer vs UNSW if you want to use your commerce degree.

Metric

HSC
N/A
The thing with Commerce/Law is that USyd's edge in law is almost nullified by UNSW's edge in commerce. For this reason, I personally would go to whichever university I was closest to. If they are equally close, then pick (as gman03 said) whichever made the best impression when you visited the campus.

If you know that you want to follow law as a career, then perhaps USyd would be the logical choice due to its superior prestige (and the same with UNSW if you want to follow commerce).

Also, what was your UAI? I ask because if you got 99.9 then you should definately go to UNSW, as they will automatically offer you a 10k Scientia scholarship and USyd won't give you anything.

Last edited:

tasmina

HSC
come to UNSW!!!
im def planing to study com/law at unsw (scientia scholarship recepient)
but mostly because alot of my friends are studying commerce at UNSW
and travel-wise arent they both pretty much the same?

Miss Winey

HSC
as gman said.
The uni open days are this week.
so take the time to just feel the vibe of the place.
After all you will be there for 5 years+ of your life!
so it better be a place you like.
talk to current students at both places.

as for travel, if you live in the west and coming by train, unsw is an extra bus ride from central.
That equates to about and extra half hour return/day, around 2 hours a week and heaps in an entire year!

doink

Clone
HSC
go USYD because they have a Law building newer than UNSW (they decided to disregard other faculties and upgrade law so they are a step ahead of UNSW) other than that go to the closer one :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)