Comm/Law + Language POSSIBLE?? (1 Viewer)

leski

HSC
uberlovesounds, i am not following. My plan is to do Bcom in finance/accounting + B art in Japanese. Both faculties agreed with it.

drmix

HSC
N/A
in short...leski...ur doin a WHOLE different degree to uberlovesounds

Leski = bcom/barts
uberlovesounds = bcom/law

leski

HSC
drmix, i thought bcom/law is a co-major. OH, ~~~~ i see.

xxPanDa

HSC
i was wondering if we can do the languages in the holidays?

hmmmmm im not sure about overloading.. the lecturer tells us architecture is demanding... told us not to work part time, no more than 1 day a week..
but than 4hrs doesnt seem much...what about the Homework? any tough assignments? time consumming?

i realised i onli have 17hrs.. mostly 15hrs..

is there anyother options in learnign chiense

o yeh.. wheres the launguage place at uni? where i go?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
sorry, please allow me to clarify:-

a typical BCom/LLBhttp://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2007/4733.html semester involves:

2 commerce courses (3 hours per subject, viz. 2 hour lecture + 1 hour tute): 6 hours per week

2 law courses (4 hours per subject, viz. 2 hour classes twice weekly): 8 hours per week

adding a single course (4 hours per subject, viz. 2 hour classes twice weekly) from Diploma of Languageshttp://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2007/3417.html would bring one's enrolment to 18 hours per week or 30 credit points. this, in my view, is sustainable in the long term.

and it makes me one of the rare com-arts-law people around ^_^

PS: i still jig my commerce lectures :p
xxPanDa said:
o yeh.. wheres the launguage place at uni? where i go?
School of Modern Language Studies, Faculty of Arts and Social Scienceshttp://languages.arts.unsw.edu.au/. they are on level 2 of Morven Brown.

case88

HSC
Hey, can someone also direct me to more information about these General Education courses/subjects, i.e. what are they/how do they work?
Or just a brief explanation about what kind of subjects we can do..?
Thanks!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A

case88

HSC
Yeh, sorry, I should've quoted the person who referred to the General Ed courses. I know dip of languages is not a general ed course.
Also, are those (ie the ones listed under "courses by faculty") the only subjects that we can do under General education?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
case88 said:
Yeh, sorry, I should've quoted the person who referred to the General Ed courses. I know dip of languages is not a general ed course.
Also, are those (ie the ones listed under "courses by faculty") the only subjects that we can do under General education?
yes, i believe thosehttp://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/vbook2006/brGenEdByFaculty.jsp are the only gen ed courses available. mind you there's quite a number of them, from every faculty. :)

xxPanDa

HSC
does that mean if im from the faculty of built environment. i can only do gen ed courses from FBE?

i can not do gen ed courses from Faculty of Arts&Social Science Courses?

if i could do it, id do GENT0437 Chinese Language for Beginners B
could i continue on with this with the chinese diploma? or does it not count?

xxPanDa

HSC
velox said:
dude chinese is hard, hope you're good.
i hope my cantonese will help = /
im planning to overload to do it as well...

i was wondering if i can do the diploma subjects in the summer holidays too?
so i finish earlier?

Bel_T

HSC
Do you get the same choice of subjects in a DipLang as in a major? Because the handbook only had information on the majors not the DipLang...at least that I could find.
I'm curious about taking it during summer hols too, because I really want to learn a language, but considering I plan to do something along the lines of engineering/science, taking on another four hours would be overkill...

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Bel_T said:
Do you get the same choice of subjects in a DipLang as in a major? Because the handbook only had information on the majors not the DipLang...at least that I could find.
Dip Languages - Program 3417

jonathan__

HSC
wow i never knew this was possible.
These questions are directed at Frigid, but if anyone has any replies, please feel free..

I am a 2nd yr UNSW Comm/Law student..
1.) Would the marks u get for the Dip Languages affect your total WAM for Comm/Law
2.) Is it mentally draining to the extent it would affect your grades in other subjects anyway?
3.) If i were interested in starting next year (my 3rd year), when would be the deadline for the application?

Cheers.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
jonathan__ said:
1.) Would the marks u get for the Dip Languages affect your total WAM for Comm/Law
2.) Is it mentally draining to the extent it would affect your grades in other subjects anyway?
3.) If i were interested in starting next year (my 3rd year), when would be the deadline for the application?
1. no, WAM is separate.
2. not if you do one subject at a time.
3. enquire at the Faculty of Arts office in Morven Brown.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)