Comm/Sci (1 Viewer)

Monsterman

HSC
I want to major in either finance or accounting and i'm going to combine it with a science of maths..
how do i choose courses? Am i expected to do the compulsory courses first because atm I've put down
Accounting and Financial Management 1A
Microeconomics 1
Managing Organisations & People
Mathematics for Actuarial Studies and Finance 1A
is that alright?

and how do i work out which science courses i put in or not? :confused:

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Just start with the compulsory courses. It leaves you an extra six months to decide what you want to do. If there's only three compulsory courses (I'm not very familiar with Comm/Sci) then choose a compulsory course from the major you are most confident that you know you want to do. If you're worried that you might change your mind abotut the major, then don't worry, because that course can be just taken as one of your electives. Remember: The enrolment program will automatically stop you from doing a course you're not allowed to do.

Monsterman

HSC
Just start with the compulsory courses. It leaves you an extra six months to decide what you want to do. If there's only three compulsory courses (I'm not very familiar with Comm/Sci) then choose a compulsory course from the major you are most confident that you know you want to do. If you're worried that you might change your mind abotut the major, then don't worry, because that course can be just taken as one of your electives. Remember: The enrolment program will automatically stop you from doing a course you're not allowed to do.
so i would be right with 4 courses?
because when i generate a timetable using rectangles.. my days seem kinda empty..

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
That's the advantage of being a Commerce student. I only have 12 hours of contact each week. Meanwhile, when my Engineering buddies do uni full-time, they actually mean full-time, for 30+ contact hours a week. However, we are expected to do a reasonable amount of study/homework in our own time.

Monsterman

HSC
That's the advantage of being a Commerce student. I only have 12 hours of contact each week. Meanwhile, when my Engineering buddies do uni full-time, they actually mean full-time, for 30+ contact hours a week. However, we are expected to do a reasonable amount of study/homework in our own time.
so should I bother filling the days up to become a full time student?

leoyh

mic`
HSC
Most commerce students go to uni 3 days, some 2 even. That's the beauty of it. 4 day weekends if you structure your timetable right :)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
so should I bother filling the days up to become a full time student?
God no. Minimise the amount of days as much as possible. Most full-time Comm students only go three days a week.
Try this thread for a few extra tips on timetables:
community.boredofstudies.org/586/general-university-discussion/235505/university-timetables-basic-rules-freshmen.html

robb3d

HSC
just to clarify, you are a "full-time studuent" if you're doing 24UOC (4 subjects)

gurmies

Drover
HSC
I want to major in either finance or accounting and i'm going to combine it with a science of maths..
how do i choose courses? Am i expected to do the compulsory courses first because atm I've put down
Accounting and Financial Management 1A
Microeconomics 1
Managing Organisations & People
Mathematics for Actuarial Studies and Finance 1A
is that alright?

and how do i work out which science courses i put in or not? :confused:
I'm in exactly the same boat as you, so it's good to hear I'm not alone :) I've currently enrolled in MATH1151, ECON1101, ACCT1501 and SCIF1021. The reason for the last one, is because it's only available in first semester.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
don't lie aaron all u do is party

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)